Southend to London Dilema....... HELP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

itchyrider

Aka Chris
Hi guys & gals,
I need your advice, opinions, and help?
Ok here goes, It’s about the London to southend bike ride that’s taking place on the 15th JULY & I’ve ask the misses to take part to encourage her to start enjoying cycling / Getting fit & I’m trying to get her involved, So after long discussion’s she’s agreed, I’ve said let this be a goal you do this year? Bearing in mind she doesn’t exercise, only running about at work in a retail shop. So at the moment the training has started on an exercise bike indoors. & I’m wondering if it possible for her to be ready for the 52 miles. So it’s about 4 months away………?
Any Comments/Help welcome… Thanks.

Ps: Its the charity event for the BHF, But not entering for it as its too 50/50..

********* SORRY THAT THE TITLE IS THE WRONG WAY ROUND ************

The (my) answer is yes, but I think she's got to want to do it, as it'll be (at first) mentally challenging, possibly more so than physically.

Given the right encouragement, she should be able to manage that distance in four months time.

Little and often at first, time in the saddle, that is, then out onto the road and 'real' riding on a bike that suits her and 'fits' her properly. Comfortable clothing should be worn, not necessarily cycling specific, but padded shorts will make a huge difference, as her sit bones will take a while to get used to the saddle.

Good luck!

Top Bottom