"Soweee I thought you poweeeceman!"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

teekay421

A woman got out her car last night, sitting at the back of 2 cars at red traffic lights as I approached she had jumped out the car.
It was raining, not sure if that made much difference.
I have a flashing front light but it's a Smart Lunar 10 lux so not exactly the most powerful light available!?

Has this ever happened to other people? I angle my light so it just about points directly ahead and I don't wish to dazzle/be a nuisance to drivers but then again I do wish to be noticed!
Just thought I'd share,
Thanks

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Was she Chinese ?

Bman

Guru
Yes, as I said in a different thread about front flashers:

A colleague once mentioned that they thought I was a copper because of my two front flashers and my Hi-Vis jacket. I often find that that combo persuades motorists to move out of the way (move over to the left a little bit) while I am filtering :smile:

Bicycle

I used to have my attempts at payment refused at the 24 hour Bagel Bake in Brick Lane because my motorcycle clothing made me look like a copper.

I'd try to pay and they'd refuse it, saying I did a valuable job. They didn't even use couriers...

I can't seem to create the same effect in pink lycra, but I would if I could. :wacko:

MickL

Über Member
I brought myself one of those Proviz rucksacks for my commutes, it has blue triangle light on the back of it, cycling for the first time with it on Monday night , I noticed I was getting a lot cars hanging back and giving me plenty of room while overtaking, I wonder if there thought the Blue flashing Triangle meant I was policeman or some one from emergency services :unsure:.

Proviz Rucksack.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
That bagel place is the best. Half a cow in a bagel yummie.

don't the hooves get stuck in your throat?

not had anyone think i'm a plod yet, cannot wait for that day mind... "Do you know how fast you were going there sir? did you realise i was keeping up?"

lol

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I almost mistook a cyclist for a policeman on the Roseburn Path yesterday. He had pulled over the the side of the path (looked like he was making a phone call) and was wearing on of those 'POLITE' reflective hi-viz waistcoats & a cap of the type worn by police marksmen. It was only as I got closer I realised it said 'POLITE' on the back rather than 'POLICE'...

OP
OP
teekay421

teekay421

"blue lights are prohibited on any vehicle other than emergency vehicles.", but technically the light is not on the bike.

Thanks for the replies, my light is white but now you mention this I can see a purplish tint to it and wonder if this adds to the confusion. I wonder if a lot of LEDs with bluish type 'white' light will ever come under some scrutiny or ruling in future?

doog

A woman got out her car last night, sitting at the back of 2 cars at red traffic lights as I approached she had jumped out the car.
It was raining, not sure if that made much difference.
I have a flashing front light but it's a Smart Lunar 10 lux so not exactly the most powerful light available!?

Has this ever happened to other people? I angle my light so it just about points directly ahead and I don't wish to dazzle/be a nuisance to drivers but then again I do wish to be noticed!
Just thought I'd share,
Thanks

I have an exposure joystick http://www.exposurel.../joystick-mk.6/

I have no idea where this stands in the bright light stakes but yes, I am very aware that people think I may be some kind of emergency vehicle as its flashing light illuminates street signs and furniture. Im also aware that as a result it can cause confusion when filtering down traffic so try and point it downwards without negating the whole point of the thing,which is to be seen of course.

I tend to adjust it up and down depending on circumstances.

Top Bottom