Spandex down.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Riding home last night with Spandex, we rurn onto the main road to Bish and he hurtles off towards the horizon. Like a train. He really is fast, proper fast. As I'm watching him, now a good 500m away, his rear light suddenly turns white. And then I'm next to him, he's flat out on the road, legs tangled up in his bike and unconcious, bleeding from his eye socket but still breathing. I call 999 and as I'm speaking to them a guy driving a Fiesta pulls over on the other side of the road with his flashers on then pulls over to our side of the road to protect us from oncoming traffic.

Anyhoo, he comes to, sort of, and sits in the chaps car for half an hour till ambulance arrives and he was taken to A&E. He has broken his cheek bone in two places and a bone in his knee, I'm assuming his patela. He will be in hosp for the next few days having a couple of operations.

He was riding his Paddy Wagon fixer, clip-in pedals with trainers so not clipped in. Maybe his foot slipped off, maybe he clipped the verge. Gonna check his bike over now, see if I can establish what happened.

When he gets better I shall give him a slap. Silly bugger.

:blush::angry:!:smile::angry:!:smile::angry:!:smile::angry:!:smile::angry:!:smile::angry:!:angry::angry:!:angry::angry:!:angry::angry:!:angry::angry:!:angry::angry:!

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Sounds horrendous :blush:

Best wishes to him, hope he makes a quick recovery.
Good on the Fiesta driver too.

Cheers

Chris.

longers

Legendary Member
Crikey, a nasty one :smile:.

Give him a slap from me too, when he gets better :blush: On his good side of course.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Poor chap.

All the best from here for a speedy recovery.

(Well, the quicker you deliver that slap, the quicker he'll learn... :blush: )

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That's terrible news :blush:. I hope he makes a full recovery and gets back on his bike(s) soon.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Aw, that's crap:sad:. Give him my love. And a slap, but a gentle girly one.

If people wanted to post get well messages here, Mickle could print them off and pass them on...

It's a horrible moment, seeing someone go down like that. You look after yourself as well Mickle, when the adrenaline wears off, it can hit you badly. I still have flashbacks to my Mum coming off, whenever I see a cattlegrid, and that was about 3 years ago and I still can't ride over one.

domtyler

Über Member
Get well soon Spandex

wounded_soldier.jpg

Hope you didn't slip on ice? :blush:

Top Bottom