SPD pedal converters?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crisscross

My daughter has just started using SPD cleats and has got the hang of them quite well.

It is a real pain having to take the pedals off when she uses street shoes on her bike though.

I'm sure there must be a converterthat will fix to the spd pedals to allow ordianry shoes to be worn.

Please can someone point me i the right direction.

Thanks

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
No such thing, unfortunately. You can get flat/SPD combo pedals- I use Shimano's A530s, which are excellent.

OP
OP
C

crisscross

Many thanks for the swift response.

I'll have to check out which pedals she has and buy some before I lose more knuckle skin changing her pedals over next time!

OP
OP
C

crisscross

Hi zexel. Sorry hadn't seen your edit.

Wow, that would be wonderful and we would both really appreciate them.

I'll pm you now.

Thanks again.

They are bloody horrible - that's why any post on here always elicits "I've got some you can have"

I wouldn't like to wear them on a wet day like today, and they are harder to flip over with your toe to bring the platform side up than toe clips are to do the same.

If Shimano put a little "tag" on the underside of the SPD reflectors like ordinary pedals have for flicking toeclips round that would be a design improvement IMHO

e-rider

crappy member
i tried those pd22 things and I found them to be a bit crap -only suitable for very short rides and not in the wet as your feet will slip straight off!

Top Bottom