SPD sandals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Baldy

Baldy

Über Member
I'd rather give up cycling than wear that thing.
I wasn't really asking for fashion tips.:tongue:

I find riding with sandals enjoyable but mine don't have cleats
sandal w half clip.jpg

sandal w half clip 2.jpg

T4tomo

Legendary Member
If i used them, then I think the Exustar ones linked on page 1, or similar (or the above) with a bit of toe protection are a good idea.

Completely off on a random tangent I have some old Exustar old fashioned shaped touring shoes I used to use only for when I rode my old steel bike with toe clips, as they are nice shape and narrower than trainers. My SPD shoes are looking tatty so I dug the Exustar's out, fitted cleats, and into service on my SPD shod bike the other day and I really like them, comfy both on and off the bike

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
If i used them, then I think the Exustar ones linked on page 1, or similar (or the above) with a bit of toe protection are a good idea.

Completely off on a random tangent I have some old Exustar old fashioned shaped touring shoes I used to use only for when I rode my old steel bike with toe clips, as they are nice shape and narrower than trainers. My SPD shoes are looking tatty so I dug the Exustar's out, fitted cleats, and into service on my SPD shod bike the other day and I really like them, comfy both on and off the bike
I use the Exustar SPD sandals, they're brill!

I would probably say not a great idea with a big spikey chain ring next to your toes, but I believe they are made.
How often have you ever had your cycling shoes get torn by a chainring?
Despite many cycling mishaps over the last 25 years I can't remember a single instance.

Top Bottom