SPD Shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

Tripster

Returned all shoes and ordered Bont Riot+ MTB. Direct from Bont in Wide. They are one of the few shoes not made to order at moment due to demand. They have few stocks of wide, Asian fit etc.
Shipping to UK still available and price the same so seems no affect from Brexit on them yet.

was using Lake brand MTB shoes w/o cleats & was very happy with them for their rigid sole

lake shoes 1.jpg

lake shoes 2.jpg

but when I started using cleats & cleated pedals I developed hot-spots that I couldn't adequately alleviate with adjustments & shims, etc

a forum friend suggested different shoes altogether & I got Giro Chambre shoes for their wider toe box & am happy with them. technically they are MTB shoes but does it matter? they have fairly smooth bottoms. I use them on my road bike

giro_chambre 3.jpg

giro_chambre shoes w cleats.jpg

Last edited:

johnblack

Über Member
iro-rumble-vr-mtb-cycling-shoes-p42758-90974_image.jpg

I really like the look of the Giro Rumble, but I think it may lack a bit of sole stiffness, depends on your riding style I suppose. At least they look good with a pair of shorts on the pub run.

Sorry that picture is the size of a house!!

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
:laugh: Honestly I put these Bonts on from wiggle and my little toe hangs over edge of insole. When I emailed Bont they told me I needed a DW- Double width. My wife has gone to work pissing herself calling me fat foot. I wear Inov8 running shoes which are width fit 4 so really wide and they are fine. Anything narrow and I am screwed. Looks like it’s a case of paying more because I can’t get into the sale/cheaper/standard fit and feel comfy on bike. Emailed Salty dog for advice as they are a Lakes dealer
I bet you’re a great swimmer^_^

Would look smart with a pair of chinos on a Brompton :okay:
And one of those jumpers with leather on the elbows.

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Flippers exactly describes my 'plates'...

Would normally never buy Shoes without trying them on, but needs must so bought carbon soled Boardman from Halfords because I read somewhere they had good toe room. Been well pleased. Size 47 good fit for normal Euro 12.

(on re reading I am possibly not as wide fitting as you. My main problem is the flatness of my feet means once the material has relaxed a bit then I can't get them tight enough for comfort. Confident this won't become a problem. Like these shoes a lot.)

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/cy...shoes/boardman-carbon-cycle-shoes-231534.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom