Special Spanner not Bike related

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Cleaning out my fathers garage found a few things from long ago, including a small bottle of Mercury! I came across this spanner, well I assume it's a spanner, never seen anything quite like it, it's sort of like an adjustable but not.

Last edited by a moderator:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Not that old really. My guess is some kind of tool for gripping rounded off nuts?

Sharky

Guru
?? In what way?
Linked to a Russian babes site!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Linked to a Russian babes site!
I got certain Russian ladies looking for romance in my area, plus bitcoins and others.:whistle:
Are you sure they are not just cached sites on your phones, I don't get any of that, I just get larger images of the spanner?

I use ImgBB to link my images to all the forums I use & it's never been mentioned before

But putting a bolt in the head you have a mess about lot to be able to get any purchase, also the roller just pushes into the head with very little resistance.

Posted these direct to the site rather than the hosted links, I'll replace the originals

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I think it's a plumbers wrench for pressing a precise depth capillary groove into various diameter copper pipes at the ends of copper pipes for soldering sleeve cover joints....

edit- just seen your post about the roller collapsing onto the end of the wrench, so it's not that at all!, unless you can lock the roller in position?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

It's not a ratchet is it?
It had crossed my mind that could be what it is, so I went into the workshop & put a bolt in the vice, if you get it right the roller holds the bolt head, you can then rotate the spanner backwards, the roller going into the spanner, then you can pull again, I did take a video of it put on Youtube this time no Imgbb ^_^

Best thing is the more I think about the more I think maybe I even bought it him :laugh:

Top Bottom