Special Spanner not Bike related

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I've spent a good chunk of my life dreaming up something similar. But not got to a sensible solution.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I've spent a good chunk of my life dreaming up something similar. But not got to a sensible solution.
Not sure that this is for any bolt which is tight, I can see it work with new bolts, but then if you're using new bolts then use the right spanner

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Not sure that this is for any bolt which is tight, I can see it work with new bolts, but then if you're using new bolts then use the right spanner
Problem is that the best use for this tool is where space is very tight and you can only get a 1/12 turn on the spanner within the space available. So you turn it 1/2 flat, turn the spanner over, another 1/2 flat, and continue. However in such a situation, I'm not convinced you would get that head anywhere near the nut or screw.

Venod

Eh up
Not a big fan of adjustables, the right spanner for the job is always a better option, but I seem to have accumulated a few.
20200727_160107.jpg

20200727_160154.jpg

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Spanner as a hammer, not good but not 'bad bad' Hammer as a spanner that is BAAAAAAAAAAD

gbb

Legendary Member
I think it was tech colledge decades ago, a teacher used to go mad if you brought in an adjustable spanner....no no no, right spanner for the bolt was his mantra,
Funnily enough, spanners are my job and I rarely ever ever use an adjustable, perhaps his words stuck.

Top Bottom