Specialized Tricross SS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So Longers how's Mottram Cutting...... on the fixed...what's the inches....bit worried about a planned 72" on my fixed....will get a 68 to get out the 'other way' - i.e. training routes, but 72" will be a hard slog up from Stockport.....

Any advice from anyone..... Work ride is fairly flat other than near home - happy on a 53-19 (76") (road bike) from standing until about 23 mph, but not going uphill to home....

Going out the other way it's 39 x 17 or 19 to get out and home...so 1 in 10 I'd say.....

My fixie will mainly be commute, but crappy weather rides at weekends.... - flip flop a 68 and 72 fixed ?

I live on the edge of the peak - it won't be taken on a full Peak run.... just off into Cheshire....

longers

Legendary Member
Sheldon says I've got 69/70" depending on the tyres. It's actually not that bad through the cutting, I have been getting out of the saddle a bit but if I can do it - you certainly can.

Rather than just getting home it feels like I've been for a ride, it must be doing me some good. Have been forcing myself to get into the habit of stretching again.

Being a novice of all of a week - get the bike with that gearing and see how you get on :ohmy: or have a spin on mine and see what that feels like.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Longers, when you get used to it, try and do some sitting down and see how you go.
Me and these other people that come out on fixed see who can stay in the saddle the longest, you end yp really pulling on the bars, and it works the legs abit more.
I have 68" and get on fine with it, and ive done some pretty big hills on the Giant and ive been in a gear thats 71" so i would guess you can do it on that bike with that gearing.

longers

Legendary Member
I will do it sitting down, it's just a bit of a slog at the moment. I've been riding up it most days 39 x 25 since April so it will take a little time to adjust :ohmy:

peejay78

i'm currently running 74" fixed and 70" ss.

been running 74" for some time now, a few years even, but today flipped the back wheel to run SS because the descents are so much quicker and more comfortable. also, having a rear brake means it's possible for the first time in ages.

Tharg2007

Veteran
75.7 here in mcr land.

Back ont o topic, I popped into evans' yesterday just for a mooch about and saw this tricross, it felt heavy to me, felt the same weight as my steel geared pearson.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

I've got whatever the bike came with...42*18 with 32 tyres. No idea how to work it out.

But I won the sprint to the speed signs today :smile::sad: My legs were are blur...;)

The little one (49 cm) weighs about 9.5 kg fitted up with mudguards, rack and SPDs.
Bearing in mind that it's essentially a cheap cyclocross frame, I'd say that was quite respectable, as in light, strong and cheap just doesn't happen.

When I eventually get mine built up (54 cm) I could weight it if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom