Specialized Tricross SS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
blorg said:
My own Tricross from Pearson came with a lockring already attached to the other side of the hub. I'm sticking on black SKS Chromoplastics, black Tortec Ultralite rack and 700x25c Gatorskins. Although I'm very tempted to give it a go off-road on the knobblies too. I really should have bought two :biggrin:

Spookey.. that's exactly the setup my partner's got.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'd recommend changing tyres on the tricross :biggrin:
15 miles into a ride today noticed a slight deflation of the rear. Stopped to investigate & it was caused by a tiny flint :angry: wouldn't have got anywhere near a marathon + Not much over 300 miles on the bike, so the tyres are still very new.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Managed out on mine tonight having tweaked the set-up a bit since last ride, and I no longer think a shorter stem will be required. A very comfortable position, and a most enjoyable ride.

I have not changed anything on the bike. I even have the reflectors on the wheels, but that's only cos I cannae get them off as the twisty bits do not twist :sad: Hammer beckons....:ohmy:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Noodley said:
Managed out on mine tonight having tweaked the set-up a bit since last ride, and I no longer think a shorter stem will be required. A very comfortable position, and a most enjoyable ride.

I have not changed anything on the bike. I even have the reflectors on the wheels, but that's only cos I cannae get them off as the twisty bits do not twist :sad: Hammer beckons....:ohmy:

Be a man and snap them with your hands. Remember to snap them, and do a big 'GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR' after, like it took alot of effort to do and your a hard man;)

longers

Legendary Member
I'm really enjoying the bike by the way, got it on fixed - great fun :biggrin:.

The hill on the way to work was worrying me but apart from bobbing up and down on the way down it's not too bad. I'm trying to relax my hips and spin my legs but am still bouncing on the saddle quite a bit. I'd normally go down the hill at around 35-40 mph so have slowed down somewhat.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So how many of you are in the CC Tricross club.......

I won't be allowed in will I, when I get my Dolan ?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
fossyant said:
So how many of you are in the CC Tricross club.......

I won't be allowed in will I, when I get my Dolan ?

Not sure how many, but I think most are Tricross Singles too, so they may not let me join either :ohmy:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
longers said:
I'm really enjoying the bike by the way, got it on fixed - great fun ;).

The hill on the way to work was worrying me but apart from bobbing up and down on the way down it's not too bad. I'm trying to relax my hips and spin my legs but am still bouncing on the saddle quite a bit. I'd normally go down the hill at around 35-40 mph so have slowed down somewhat.

Relax your legs more. I was doing the same, and was peddling the bike on downhills. Someone i know gave me these tips which worked:
Move forward on the saddle and relax your legs. When your going slow-ish, relax your legs and get used to the feel of the pedals pushing your legs around. When your used to that you should find it easier going downhill because you can relax your legs.
And to help with spinning, when your feeling brave go down a steep hill so you spin fast(i did this and span up to 200rpm) then for so long after your legs can spin fast without it feeling so fast;)

Top Bottom