Specialized

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I recently had an issue with the wheel on my 8 month old tricross. I'd had the wheel trued & shortly after the rim started splitting in several places :sad:
Anyway I spoke with the bike supplier & then sent the stripped down wheel back (ie no tyre, cassette, skewer etc) for Spesh to inspect. i was sure that they would find an excuse not to replace the wheel under warranty, but this morning I have just received a brand new wheel under warranty, complete with tyre, tube, cassette & skewer :biggrin:
Excellent service & very quick too, so I would certainly recommend Specialized bikes to anyone now :rolleyes:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I had a hub problem with my Sirrus Elite Hybrid wheels.Both sets of bearings had de-chromed and wrecked the hubs after only four months of commuting.Supplier contacted Specialized about the problem and they sent me a pair of nice new wheels without having to send the old ones back....re-hub time !!!

We have had three specialized bikes.

The crank sheered off one - under heavy duress the supplier changed the chainset

The first tricross I put together had quite a few badly tapped lugs for rack and mudguard fixings.

The wheels on the second tricross had the hub cones overtightened so badly the wheels would hardly turn.

However, all three bikes have given sterling service and at the price points they were supplied have provided good value.

jimboalee

ed_o_brain said:
We have had three specialized bikes.

The crank sheered off one - under heavy duress the supplier changed the chainset

The first tricross I put together had quite a few badly tapped lugs for rack and mudguard fixings.

The wheels on the second tricross had the hub cones overtightened so badly the wheels would hardly turn.

However, all three bikes have given sterling service and at the price points they were supplied have provided good value.

That sounds like a BSO. Not what I would expect from Spesh.

nigelnorris

ed_o_brain said:
One of the rack points has just come loose on mine, though I think it's down to me overtightening it rather than being a fault of the bike itself. Is it much of a job to get it fixed?

girofan

I can give nothing but praise to Specialized UK, as they sourced a Roubaix 61cm frame for me in Italy as customer service. Then replaced the same frame with the latest model when the paintwork began to bubble two years later!! And they replaced it within three days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;):thumbsup::eek::biggrin:

Top Bottom