Speedy Ride for food-Olympic RoadRace Route-Sat 10th Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I may have a plus one. Been badgering people at work and now have one thinking about it. It may be his maiden ton too.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I may have a plus one. Been badgering people at work and now have one thinking about it. It may be his maiden ton too.

I may have a +1 from work too. Will confirm later this week when said person is back in the UK (currently getting a sickening tan, in The Med).

After the Hereford to Hay-on-Wye ride on Saturday which i struggled due tot eh hills and at 70 miles, I will be more cautious.

Including the ride to and from HPC this will be around a 100 miles the furthest I have cycled in one day.

What energy bars/gels do people recomnd?

I will browse the relevant forums later but any thoughts?

Adrian

I am indeedy. Although to get my September 100 requires that I do an extra two laps of Hyde Park at the end of the day before riding home. Martok will also be riding with us and likely doing the same two final laps. You must be over in New Southgate then if you're at 9 miles. We're just down the road in Muswell Hill. I'll have a look at how long it normally takes me. Could meet outside the church in Muswell if that suits?

Most certainly.

Halo,

Thank you for our offer.

I would love to meet up at Muswell hill church, are you referring to the one opposite the cinema or the one that is now some youth center?

What time do you suggest we meet, I will have colony Hatch Lane to look forward to first!

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 1499910"]
I suggest just before 9?
[/quote]

Nope.. 9.30-10am more like. Dependent if anyone is late, traffic etc

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Halo,

Thank you for our offer.

I would love to meet up at Muswell hill church, are you referring to the one opposite the cinema or the one that is now some youth center?

What time do you suggest we meet, I will have colony Hatch Lane to look forward to first!

The white church by the cinema on the roundabout.

On my own it takes about 30 minutes to HPC on a normal day but taking into account there'll be 3 of us riding from the North to the start, plus a likely headwind I'd suggest that we meet at 7:30am.

Food wise, I tend to eat Jordan's fusili bars. Whole or half before lunch to break the morning and possibly another during the latter half of the day depending on how the pace of the ride is. If I'm pushing I tend to eat more. I'll likely go through 4 bottles of water on the bike with a coke and j2o consumed as extra at lunch time.

There isn't a climb as large as the one you had on the Hereford ride so you should ace your first 100.

Abs

Slight confusion n your post.

Do you want to RV at 0730 or slightly earlier say 0720?

The white church by the cinema on the roundabout.

On my own it takes about 30 minutes to HPC on a normal day but taking into account there'll be 3 of us riding from the North to the start, plus a likely headwind I'd suggest that we meet at 7:30am.

Food wise, I tend to eat Jordan's fusili bars. Whole or half before lunch to break the morning and possibly another during the latter half of the day depending on how the pace of the ride is. If I'm pushing I tend to eat more. I'll likely go through 4 bottles of water on the bike with a coke and j2o consumed as extra at lunch time.

There isn't a climb as large as the one you had on the Hereford ride so you should ace your first 100.

Abs

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Slight confusion n your post.

Do you want to RV at 0730 or slightly earlier say 0720?

7:30 will be fine. :biggrin:

I see it going something like this

"Hi Adrian, I'm Abs this is Andy, ready?"
"Yup"
"Cool, let's rock then."
*cast pedals off into the sunrise.....

no overground running so I will have to bike it. If I can't make 8.30 "prompt" I will aim to meet you in Richmond park and cut through hammersmith. I have a variety of numbers so I'll keep in contact!

Top Bottom