Speedy Ride for food-Olympic RoadRace Route-Sat 10th Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Once again we are doing the Olympic Road Race route. So successfully run by HaloJ in April.

Near flat as a pancake apart from a bit of a drag up Shere Road (but rewarded with a cracking long speedy descent to the lunch stop) & Box Hill, and we only do that once. (And it's really not that bad.)

It's a nice and speedy ride.

Starting & returning to/from Wellington Arch Hyde Park Corner. Leaving promptly at 8.30am. The route is 80 miles
Pub stop is the excellent Compasses in Gomshall, Surrey which has a cracking menu. Ask StuAff he will confirm.
thumbsup.png

Route here

Ianrauk
HaloJ
rb58
Martint235 +1
StuAff
CrockOfGold (Richmond Park)
Fly
Telesonic99 (maybe)
Sittingduck +1 (meet at Richmond Park)
Becs (Richmond Park)
Martok
Sapper
Mista Preston
Rich P
Redjedi (Richmond Park)
Topcat1
TrickyDicky
Ess
Flying Dodo
ZigZag

rb58

Enigma
Be rude not to. Add me to the list please Ian.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Seeing as we had such a great day today and this ride ain't that far off..a little bump. so come on.. sign up.. it's a cracking ride.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Becs, you're quicker than User and his malfunctioning gears ;) I'd say you'd be perfectly OK with this route. You might not enjoy a couple of climbs much, but then I don't think anyone enjoyed Shere Hill that much in April!

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Grrr! for the second time (re this route) I am conflicted. May I suggest a re-run in Oct/Nov?

October is Kent Hilly with Martin
November is The Chilterns with Frank
December is Maldon with Abs

But no reason why another date can't be arranged

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
There are a couple of glitches on that route which I'll iron out. One of them being the "roundabout" in front of the palace. :biggrin:

Abs

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Despite immense fun on the Surrey/Sussex on Saturday, can't do this 'un, I'm afraid (much as I'd really like to), as I'm in the York-Hull FNRttC, and won't be back until late afternoon-ish. Crikey, I've got a black tie dinner that night as well.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
[QUOTE 1499860"]
I heard that, Stu!

Shere Hill - yes, that was tough.

I'll try and get a pass.

EDIT: Pass received. See you there.

Now - Cooper 42x16. Or Viva Pista 52x18.

[/quote]

Ahem...;)
[QUOTE 0"]
What upsets me th emost is that I'm always the slowest rider on rides.

Grace: "I'm really out of shape." After ride, when she leaves me behind. "I'm really out of shape compared to how fit I used to be."

Becs: "I'm slow. If you want to go faster feel free to leave me behind." Cue, few hundred metres later, me left behind.
[/quote]

Top Bottom