Spin Cycling Festival in May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Maybe, got a couple of free tix

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
I got freebies , I thought it was for spin bikes also at first , glad its not , spin bikes are not much to look at and do not really float my boat ,

Simon Head

Does anybody know if Chris Boardman is going? He is a personal hero of mine, I saw him racing in the Tour near Winchester and Portsmouth, plus I went to one of his talks in Southampton

S-Express

Does anybody know if Chris Boardman is going? He is a personal hero of mine, I saw him racing in the Tour near Winchester and Portsmouth, plus I went to one of his talks in Southampton

If you take some time to look at the website, it says he is going.

vickster

Legendary Member
Did you go vickster?.
If so i'd be interested in your views.

I got free tickets. Went. Today.

You first.
Yep, was ok, but no further along with my Ti quest. Other than probably knocking J Laverack off the list

I had an interesting chat with one of the Leigh Day lawyers

Rode an Airnimal round the track

Bought a cool purse made of inner tubes

@jefmcg and I have signed up for a free bike fit courtesy of one of the exhibitors

Erm, fine way to waste an hour and a half on a Sunday I guess, especially as it was free

I'll let @jefmcg share any other experiences she may wish

I was there today - between maybe 3 and 4. Could I have passed you?

If so, care to offer an (objective) self description?

Needed less time than last time - 45 mins I think - though it is of course good that cycling is now very popular, and diversity is of course good, much of the show still strikes me as, er, "posy nonsense".

I have posted elsewhere on the company offering a range (a range FFS) of products you are supposed to smear on your balls (probably not of great interest to you) after showering - thus ruining a perfectly good shower and clean pair of undershorts or lycra shorts.

One chap tried to persuade me that returning to a bike with a wet/damp saddle was a major problem for cool urbanites - the solution was a shoddy looking thing for about £25 I was supposed to put on top of a saddle I presumably liked the feel of as it was. I did suggest that maybe you could just wipe the saddle but this was apparently so just yesterday.

Good to see weldtite there with their useful sensible stuff,

The most interesting stand was, I thought, Cinelli.

I have a great respect for Italian craftsmanship and there were some beautiful steel frames on the stand - £2,000 or so just for a frameset and I am not in the market for such a thing for a whole variety of reasons. But they were things of beauty.

And they had one of these:

http://cinelli.it/en/prodotti/hobootleg-en/

Really nice tour/expedition bike with sensible specs.

And a pretty decent sensible price for such a thing.

And who would have thought that Italians would have come up with such a thing?

And with a square taper BB.

The guy on the stand I nattered to was really nice as well. And knew his stuff.

vickster

Legendary Member
Nope, we left Olympia around 2.30

The purple Cinelli was attractive

The J.Laverack guy was helpful but not for me, ditto the Wittson guy

The Dutch girls and their waterproof suits were fairly bonkers, designs based on cake sprinkles or chips and ketchup, errr

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
My son and I spent the day there on Saturday. Had a go on some recumbent trikes and a tandem (including going over a jump - not great!), had a chat with Chris Boardman, drooled over a lot of stuff we couldn't afford and bought a pack of 'Cycling Top Trumps'.

All in all, a fun day out, and especially as we got the tickets for free (and then spent £3 on a thimble of coffee!).

Top Bottom