Spin Cycling Festival in May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Dutch girls and their waterproof suits were fairly bonkers, designs based on cake sprinkles or chips and ketchup, errr

Was that the stand saying that you should welcome the rain*?

If so, didn't see any Dutch girls dressed in the things (may have been more interested) - just mannekins.

Looked, er, interesting, but definitely posey.

I worried about the somewhat baggy looking bottoms catching chains/oil and ruining "the look".

* maybe good for watersports.

My son and I spent the day there on Saturday. Had a go on some recumbent trikes and a tandem (including going over a jump - not great!), had a chat with Chris Boardman, drooled over a lot of stuff we couldn't afford and bought a pack of 'Cycling Top Trumps'.

All in all, a fun day out, and especially as we got the tickets for free (and then spent £3 on a thimble of coffee!).
You spent a whole day at Spin?

Were there drugs in that thimble?

Oh - I did see a stand promoting "**********ing peanut butter" (complete with T shirt) but declined their taster.

I doubt it was worth the undoubted premium, though I am a great fan of peanut butter fuelled cycling and other activities - as folk who know me of old will know.

edit: the cyclechat prude robot has censored their muchresearchedsupposedlystreetcredbrand - MFing allowed?

editedit - apparently that is allowed.

vickster

Legendary Member
Was that the stand saying that you should welcome the rain*?

If so, didn't see any Dutch girls dressed in the things (may have been more interested) - just mannekins.

Looked, er, interesting, but definitely posey.

I worried about the somewhat baggy looking bottoms catching chains/oil and ruining "the look".

* maybe good for watersports.
I don't know what the brand was. The girls were certainly wearing them

Top Bottom