*Spoiler Giro Spoiler Stage Winner is Named*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The commentator on RAI said," Poverino" which translates as 'poor little boy'!

I think DM used a different language altogether

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Will this do down as a DNF and, if so, is he out of the race?

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
I would not want to be anywhere near Millar at this moment, looking at the state of the other 4 he had the stage in the bag. Gutted.

yello

He finished just ahead of the peleton. I presume the mechanics have retrieved his bike, which was hurled over the barrier and down the bank. I wonder if there's a mechanic in for a bollocking this evening? Or it's just one of those things?

Will1985

Über Member
Cyclingnews has him down as finishing 0.25 after Brutt - perhaps this mechanical was deemed a crash within the last 3km so he gets the same time as 4th place?

yello

There must have been some discussion as it look ages for the final results to arrive, I gave up waiting after half an hour!

I'm pleased for Millar though, he did everything right.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Steve Austin said:
Seemed like a snapped chain!

That's what Cycling Weekly say;

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...ast_by_mechanical_problem_article_256204.html

Because the mechanical problem happened in the final three kilometres, Millar did not lose any time towards the overall classification.

He crossed the line in 119th place, around four minutes down, but was awarded the same time as fourth-placed Perez, who was the last of the leading group across the line. Millar also gets a six-second time bonus, but that will feel like losing a pound and finding a penny.

Poor bloke!

Keith Oates

Janner
So that should also mean we get the 4th place points in the fantasy game:biggrin:. Seriously though it really is bad luck for Millar and Slipsteam as they need the exposure another stage win would have given them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yello

Steve Austin said:
Seemed like a snapped chain!

That's what the French commentators said immediately it happened. It looked to me as though he was responding to an attack rather than making one, as some reports say. But whatever, it could have been a 'gnads on crossbar' moment. :evil:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
yello said:
That's what the French commentators said immediately it happened. It looked to me as though he was responding to an attack rather than making one, as some reports say. But whatever, it could have been a 'gnads on crossbar' moment. :wacko:

I agree, he was responding to the attack by Brutt, he was lucky to stay upright though. I think he had a good chance of taking the stage, he looked very good at that stage of the race.

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
Don't know whats happening with Wiggins but according to Slipstream there were no plans for Millar to go hard today Vandevelde and Hesjedal were going to push for the Argyle boys.

Top Bottom