*Spoiler Giro Spoiler Stage Winner is Named*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
mondobongo said:
Don't know whats happening with Wiggins but according to Slipstream there were no plans for Millar to go hard today Vandevelde and Hesjedal were going to push for the Argyle boys.
But eight minutes down and well behind the sprint boys? That's a post-Sunday lunch constitutional for a chap like Millar! Is he planning a Kilometre Zero attack tomorrow then?

PS - Hope you're still getting the miles in Mondlybongly....;)

Keith Oates

Janner
What a performance by Contador, even with a small break in the elbow, he must have been in some pain but he's getting stronger as the mountains approach. The race is building up in interest more each day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Star

walker said:
Loads of riders have come off today. its the rain, plus fog, plus climbing, plus decending, its not a good day.

Today's stage was crazy! I bet the riders are glad it's over.

yello

Some of those downhill bends looked scary. In those conditions, it's no surprise there were a few offs.

Got to feel for Fortunato Baliani though, within a few hundred metres of the finish and at least a 3rd place, and off'ed when he lost the rear - looked like something on the road, a pothole or a proud flagstone or some such.

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
Yes really felt for him, wanted him to get the win to really give Kloden something to whinge about. There has been some rotten luck about this week Savodelli yesterday was another one.

Soler has a micro fracture to the wrist and after 10 days of suffering has had enough according to BW website, chose to get off with a view to regaining his fitness for Le Tour. My team is depleted further.

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
It was good to see Millar on the front pulling like a loon got all excited for 10 seconds or so then he dropped right off actually came in 83rd in the group.

Great finishing by Cav and High Road are really starting to look organised in leading him out. Reading Cycling News he's starting to garner respect from some of the Italian boys and is going to be a real force to be reckoned with on the sprints for a few years to come. Just need BC to produce a real contender for a GC win in the future.

Walker top 20 below.
Results

1 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Team High Road 4.11.07 (42.291 km/h)
2 Daniele Bennati (Ita) Liquigas
3 Koldo Fernandez De Larrea (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi
4 Erik Zabel (Ger) Team Milram
5 Julian Dean (NZl) Slipstream Chipotle Presented By H30
6 Mirco Lorenzetto (Ita) Lampre
7 Alexandre Usov (Blr) AG2R La Mondiale
8 Nikolay Trusov (Rus) Tinkoff Credit Systems
9 Robbie McEwen (Aus) Silence - Lotto
10 Graeme Brown (Aus) Rabobank
11 Oscar Gatto (Ita) Gerolsteiner
12 Mathew Hayman (Aus) Rabobank
13 Lilian Jégou (Fra) Française des Jeux
14 Robert Förster (Ger) Gerolsteiner
15 Gabriele Missaglia (Ita) Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni-Androni Giocattoli
16 Carlo Scognamiglio (Ita) Barloworld
17 Alexander Serov (Rus) Tinkoff Credit Systems
18 Luciano André Pagliarini Mendonca (Bra) Saunier Duval - Scott
19 Marlon Alirio Perez Arango (Col) Caisse d'Epargne
20 Assan Bazayev (Kaz) Astana

Keith Oates

Janner
Another good performance from Cavendish which is great, he is certainly the sprinter of the moment but I suppose with the hill ahead he may drop out and save himself for the TdF.

Millar was also doing well being near the front and pulling his team mate and then when the job was complete dropped back well satisfied I suspect.

Tomorrow the hills start and I guess we will begin to see who is going to be in the hunt for GC honours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
Cav is planning on staying to tackle the hills, Robbie Mc has pulled out citing not 100% fit and Davide 'Tintin' Rebellin is making the call this morning whether to continue or pull to concentrate on the Worlds and Olympics.

If Tintin goes home will have lost a third of my team and Vlad the Rug is way off the pace as is Jens Voigt.

Top Bottom