*Spoiler Giro Spoiler Stage Winner is Named*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
You could say that most of the major tour winners win it boring. Big mig and Lance used to blitz the TT and hold folk in the mountains. pretty dull sounding don't ya reckon? Hell no!!!

This giro wasn't a classic but Contador did enough. Great riding, not really great riding, but great riding all the same.

DanRVV2006

Steve Austin said:
You could say that most of the major tour winners win it boring. Big mig and Lance used to blitz the TT and hold folk in the mountains. pretty dull sounding don't ya reckon? Hell no!!!

This giro wasn't a classic but Contador did enough. Great riding, not really great riding, but great riding all the same.

As much as i hate Lance (and i mean really hate) at least he would attack and ride people off his wheel try and win stages and the race and in all credit did deserve his wins. But Contador was a boring fart for 3 weeks that did absolutly f**k all.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Were you watching different races from me Dan?

Lance got big leads in the TTT and TT's and defended them. The only way to win a major tour is to ride defensively. Lance marked his opponents in the hills and did enough.

Contador won by riding just hard enough, if you want more exciting riding then you need to be complaining to the race organisers who create these sterile courses that give the riders going for overall only two or three days when they really need to ride aggressively. But thats a whole different matter to whether Contador deserved his win.

Keith Oates

Janner
DanRVV2006;289781][quote name= said:
Which they brought on themselves in the first place did they not???

When i turn the T.V on i want to watch cyclists try and win a race with attacks and powerful riding whether they win or lose i dont care beacuse they have tried and given it there all.
However i dont like seeing cyclists doing naff all for 3 weeks winging how they were on the beach before the race and generally being god dam boring and then winning what sort of champion is that? and thats what has happened with Contador IMO not a worthy Giro winner.

If he had given us a race then fair play worthy winner but no such luck.
No they did not bring it on themselves, the previous team, riders and management were responsible for the bad behaviour and reputation but the new set up has not done anything to justify their exclusion from some of the big races.

DanRVV2006

Steve Austin said:
Were you watching different races from me Dan?

Lance got big leads in the TTT and TT's and defended them. The only way to win a major tour is to ride defensively. Lance marked his opponents in the hills and did enough.

Contador won by riding just hard enough, if you want more exciting riding then you need to be complaining to the race organisers who create these sterile courses that give the riders going for overall only two or three days when they really need to ride aggressively. But thats a whole different matter to whether Contador deserved his win.

Yes i agree Lance did pull huge advantages in TT's but he also attacked his opponents and often rode away from them in the mountains too. Contador won the boring, sad and unexciting way the same as his personality and racing style.

And Oates i think ASO are doing the right thing in not allowing them to there races. They are giving them a year to prove how clean and how there team has changed from last year then next year all going well this year they will be allowed to race. Also half the team is the same, same name, more or less same staff. Only new things are the ones who got caught are out and new manager and a few new riders from disco.
People want action taken on dopers and there team and when there is action they complain.

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
Dan his name is Keith not 'Oates' when did we return to public school. I understand that you are fiercely anti doping, I don't think anyone who posts here is pro doping but we hold varying opinions on riders and teams. I for instance do not like Astana but support Millar pick the bones out of that. Maybe its time you took a step back and looked at your replies which are at times quite confrontational and took a chill pill.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
'Oates'?????!!!!!!! A bit unnececessary but perhaps you didn't mean it like that.

FWIW, there aren't many people these days who believe LA was as squeaky clean as you seem to think.

DanRVV2006

rich p said:
'Oates'?????!!!!!!! A bit unnececessary but perhaps you didn't mean it like that.

FWIW, there aren't many people these days who believe LA was as squeaky clean as you seem to think.

I did me Keith not Oates, i just couldnt remember the first name and only remembered the second sorry if there was any offence.

And i for one dont think Armstrong is clean thats half the reason i hate him, you only have to look at the people he beat all dope cases.
I also dont think Mr contador is squeky clean either there has been plenty of rumour around him and in that puerto stuff his names on a load of bags, and funny how he flew at TDF last year and went like a bag of poo at the giro, theres something about him that just aint right.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
DanRVV2006 said:
I did me Keith not Oates, i just couldnt remember the first name and only remembered the second sorry if there was any offence.

And i for one dont think Armstrong is clean thats half the reason i hate him, you only have to look at the people he beat all dope cases.
I also dont think Mr contador is squeky clean either there has been plenty of rumour around him and in that puerto stuff his names on a load of bags, and funny how he flew at TDF last year and went like a bag of poo at the giro, theres something about him that just aint right.

All true but according to the women in Cakestop, he has a lovely bum!

yello

rich p said:
according to the women in Cakestop, he has a lovely bum!

Give away! A sure sign of le dopage. I don't dope and my bum has never featured in a Cakestop poll. Proof if it was ever needed.

Tbh, I did think it odd that Contador joined Astana. Who needed who there? Astana thinking that securing the defending champion would ensure a place? A sign of credibility or reformation? Because, at the time, Astana was a blackened name.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Possibly his wage demands were high as I seem to remember that he was scratching around for a team after Disco folded, which seems a bit suss considering he's a TdF winner. The stench of Puerto didn't stop Liquigas snapping up Basso though so I may be talking out of my pert, Bertie-like bottom!

please see here - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/callipygian

DanRVV2006

rich p said:
Possibly his wage demands were high as I seem to remember that he was scratching around for a team after Disco folded, which seems a bit suss considering he's a TdF winner. The stench of Puerto didn't stop Liquigas snapping up Basso though so I may be talking out of my pert, Bertie-like bottom!

please see here - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/callipygian

The thing with Basso is the skeletons are out the closet everyone knows what he has done and is coming back from his ban i still think he shouldnt be aloud back but thats my opinion. With Contador he was and still is a time bomb waiting to go off no one knows if he has done the drugs thats why he wasnt snapped up IMO but in the end doping Astana did.

Keith Oates

Janner
The key to Contador joining Astana must be Bruyneel (spelling) as I think he sees Contador as the future No.1 for the big tours. I would be very suprised if there was any doping going on in the Astana ranks this season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave5N

Über Member
Keith Oates said:
The key to Contador joining Astana must be Bruyneel (spelling) as I think he sees Contador as the future No.1 for the big tours. I would be very suprised if there was any doping going on in the Astana ranks this season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. No detectable doping at all.

Look at the pedigree of all those involved with The Project.

Top Bottom