*Spoiler Giro Spoiler Stage Winner is Named*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Excellent finish. Did you see how disappointed Ricco was when he found out he wasn't in pink? Nice to see a Brit in fourth place as well.

And Team High Road have been confirmed for the Tour of Britain.

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
Rumours were floating that the Italians were going to attack and possibly allegiances on the road. I think Sella may have been playing with Contador on that last climb. Its looking good for a final day in the hills were it may well be decided before Sundays TT.

Keith Oates

Janner
Contador has won the Giro and I for one am very happy, he's put on a great race and proven to the world that he's the man of the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A mighty impressive TT by Contador! A well-deserved win, and a scandal that he can't defend his TdeF title!

I couldn't help thinking of Waffles, Buggi, Cathryn, Kirstie and the other girls after their thread about Contador's backside - not that I was looking at it, mind you.
Anyway, it's just like mine, except that it's a bit firmer. Oh, and a little rounder. And a bit smaller! :wacko:

DanRVV2006

Keith Oates said:
Contador has won the Giro and I for one am very happy, he's put on a great race and proven to the world that he's the man of the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please explain how he has pu on a "great race" he hasnt won any stages, he hasnt attacked and he has wheel sucked evryone to the finish i hardly recall him actualy pulling the peleton along all i remember happening is people doing it for him. At least the arrogant Ricco attcaked and won stages and made the stages exciting and worth watching.

Keith Oates

Janner
He did everything he had to do to win the race. His team were not so strong so he relied on using his head and working out the options (no doubt helped by his DS) to win the pink jersey. He was being attacked and pushed by Di Luca and The Mouth (Ricco) but kept his cool and responded when required. I repeat he did a great race IMO and he won which is what it's all about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yello

DanRVV2006 said:
Please explain how he has put on a "great race" he hasn't won any stages, he hasn't attacked and he has wheel sucked everyone to the finish

Pretty much how I see it too. Contador may have used his head to win but that doesn't make for an exciting spectacle. A good TT from Contador but not a great race, imo.

Keith Oates said:
The Mouth (Ricco)

Come on Keith, you may not like the guy but I don't think playground names are called for! Ricco, for all his faults, tried to make a race of it. Personally, I applaud that.

yello

I know nothing of what he might have said Keith, I just saw a rider getting frustrated! And I can understand that... he wanted to get away and couldn't. Agreed, that's probably a sign that Contador was riding intelligently but I couldn't help but feel for Ricco.

I was hoping against hope that he'd put in the TT of his life but it was not to be. Still, 2nd in the Giro is no mean feat!

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
Yello I too was hoping for Ricco to bury himself in the TT and snatch the win from Mr Smug and Boring.

Yates will now be whingeing on that its a disgrace etc that Astana are not at the TdeF.

Keith Oates

Janner
Yello, I also don't know for sure what he said as my info is also from the reporters words. If what I read was true then it was unfortunate terminology to say the least, and to be fair he'd just slogged himself and was disappointed. I happen to think that Contador and Astana have had a raw deal this year and so anything they may do to show their true worth makes me happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DanRVV2006

Keith Oates said:
Yello, I happen to think that Contador and Astana have had a raw deal this year.quote]

Which they brought on themselves in the first place did they not???

When i turn the T.V on i want to watch cyclists try and win a race with attacks and powerful riding whether they win or lose i dont care beacuse they have tried and given it there all.
However i dont like seeing cyclists doing naff all for 3 weeks winging how they were on the beach before the race and generally being god dam boring and then winning what sort of champion is that? and thats what has happened with Contador IMO not a worthy Giro winner.

If he had given us a race then fair play worthy winner but no such luck.

Top Bottom