[SPOILER] Milan - San Remo. La classica di Primavera. 17th March - Spoilers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Sagan is nailed on but there's many a slip and all that.
If the sprinters manage to stick with the front group then Cav, Goss and Greipel would expect to beat him in a bunch sprint.

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
Sagan is nailed on but there's many a slip and all that.
If the sprinters manage to stick with the front group then Cav, Goss and Greipel would expect to beat him in a bunch sprint.
I think you're right - it will be very hard for Sagan in particular, which is why I see Canondale coming up with a secondary strategy like last year when Nibali attacked and then wheel sucked Cancellara into submission.
Fabian is certainly putting greater emphasis on such races this year and he certainly has the guts to do something different, perhaps from longer range this time.
Few people would have picked the last two winners of Goss and Gerrans so it wouldn't surprise me if a similarly unanticipated rider wins this year.

tigger

Über Member
I've already touted Eddy the Boss as my pick pre season, so I'll have to stick with him... but I don't hold out much hope. Hard to see past Sagan, but Cav looks in good nick so I wouldn't rule him out. Would love to see the God of Thunder pull this off!

BJH

Über Member
This one could well be an absolute cracker.

Sagan dismissing his chances leaves me thinking he's up for it, Cancellara clearly is and Cav is keeping quiet.

What more could you ask for

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
This one could well be an absolute cracker.

Sagan dismissing his chances leaves me thinking he's up for it, Cancellara clearly is and Cav is keeping quiet.

What more could you ask for

How about a spot of Cancellara-Sagan pre-race sparring? http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sagan-unperturbed-by-cancellara-comments-ahead-of-milan-san-remo

Tom Hooper

well fantasy team has sagan, cav, cancellara, thomas and stannard as my picks and a few cheapys to fill gaps. i think thomas and stannard can suprise in the classics

Top Bottom