[SPOILER] Milan - San Remo. La classica di Primavera. 17th March - Spoilers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I reckon Cancellara will win it, somehow. Difficult to see past Sagan but I just have a feeling...

rowdin

Terence david
I think team sky will race up the climbs, to see if they can lose the sprinters and Sagan. Sagan can climb but at team sky pace maybe not, if they do, Eddy Boss, and GT, have a good chance of winning.

This is the first time team sky have made a serious attack at the classics. The others riders are not facing Eddy boss and Geraint Thomas, they are facing team sky, who while ascending a mountain can leave hole pelotons in there wake.

Radchenister

Veteran
... but can also be destroyed when their control lapses due to unpredictable events and sidewinders, as demonstrated last week ;) .

tigger

Über Member
So ignoring the obvious choice of Sagan and Cacellara I'm going to say Boasson Hagen or Hushovd

zizou

Veteran
Dont usually bet but had an email offer for a free one...rather than playing it safe ive gone for Degenkolb

Of course soon as i placed that i read an article about him having muscle problems all this week!

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Talk of race being neutralised over the snow bound passes, possibly with riders getting buses/team cars over the snowy bits, then restarting once clear. I have to say, from the pictures I've seen posted by OPQS, Sky and Blanco on twitter...it looks really bad in places, surely just too unsafe to race on those bits.

Not sure how the neutralisation would work, but I'm guessing they would have a secondary mass start, roll out and flag drop. This would effectively stop any racing in the first part as the riders would just take it easy and conserve energy until the second start. whilst this is totally understandable, and prudent given the risks involved, it would make for a slightly less interesting race. On the flip side the second half would be full bore as they should still have reasonably fresh legs......

......should be an interesting day's racing...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
:ohmy:
BFjOS_FCQAArBkV.jpg

Top Bottom