[SPOILER] Milan - San Remo. La classica di Primavera. 17th March - Spoilers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Of course, there are still the Cipressa and the Poggio, so a Sagan or a Gilbert (or even a Nibali) could still break things up before it came down to a mass sprint...

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
only 202km long now....

Basil.B

Guru
Just been looking at David Millar's Twitter pics.
Glad I haven't got to ride in those conditions!

BFjuPyPCQAA4YYY.jpg

SteelUn

It's actually completely unfair - if the other teams had known that the two toughest climbs would be taken out, they would never have let a break get this far ahead. They could still chase them down, but even so...

This reminds me of the tacks on road incident in Tdf last year, when nobody stopped or slowed the breakaway either. Perhaps it is just part of the pros and cons of getting into a breakaway.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Lars Bak....has a mudguard on his bike :eek:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
With the equivalent of cricket's Duckworth-Lewis method, that 7:10 lead would have been reduced, I'm sure. But, along with 99% of the population, I have no idea how they calculate it.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
And then there were 5 - Fortin's dropped out of the lead group with under 5 mins advance. Cavendish, for some incomprehensible reason, is riding in shorts!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It's still pretty gruesome out there but I personally think, given the organisation, road closures and logistics that it's worth restructuring.

Top Bottom