Spoke protectors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I've still got one on my old Schwinn racer as I simply can't be bothered to take it off but don't think there'll be a rush to reduce the pile in stock at component dealers.
I wonder how many new bikes are now sold with them

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
For purely daylight hours use I'd agree with you, but if a bike is ridden in the dark there is clearly a safety benefit to making yourself as visible as possible.
...which strangely evades quantification by copious amounts of research! (gov.uk just announced yet more research into visibility of cyclists among its 50 so-called "actions", micturating yet more cycling funding up that particular wall :rolleyes: )

Jody

Stubborn git
First thing that comes off a bike be it new or used bike. If the mech is set up correctly you shouldn't need one

Drago

Legendary Member
I use the phrase and have no such pretentions. Hell, I don't even oven a carbon bike. Being elderly I call BSOs 'boat anchors', and being a big kid I call helmets 'bonce potties'.

So, your attempt to identify a correlation has failed with the first example put to it.

I use the phrase and have no such pretentions. Hell, I don't even oven a carbon bike. Being elderly I call BSOs 'boat anchors', and being a big kid I call helmets 'bonce potties'.

So, your attempt to identify a correlation has failed with the first example put to it.

Well being even older than merely elderly I've never tried to put a carbon bike in the oven either. They would explode wouldn't they?

I think you're finding offense where none was intended.

If we remove negative jibes from all objects subject to negative jibes, this world will be a very, very poor place.

I'm sure offence was never intended. Patronisation is not meant to offend the recipient.

Mea culpa. Just realised I patronised Drago over his typo.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

I have Two carbon bikes so I look down on you. He has three carbon bikes so I look up to him..

Top Bottom