Spoke protectors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Blue Hills
I've still got one on my old Schwinn racer as I simply can't be bothered to take it off but don't think there'll be a rush to reduce the pile in stock at component dealers.
I wonder how many new bikes are now sold with them
Don't know but my Ridgeback Expedition was as I said. And that's a quality bike capable of going round the world. I tend to trust Ridgeback's sensible judgement. On a separate issue on that bike I thought on getting it that the bars were too wide and I'd have to have them cut. Turns out they are perfect for hanging on to the thing with all the junk I pile onto it.

At the end of the day, what harm is it doing sat there? Can only do good? If it starts aclattering as mjr said it might I will take it off if I can't fix it. If some weedy bloke or woman mocks me as I amble past carrying half a house am I going to care?

I think I've managed to persuade myself I need more.

I used to lead rides and I well remember some guy destroying his wheel when a mech went in the wheel ( @ianrauk will remember perhaps) - one of these would perhaps have saved the wheel. Or given a warning that would give vital seconds to stop.

stalagmike

Enormous member
Planet X are in Sheffield right? So maybe it should have been 'Lots in t'stock' ?

Top Bottom