Sportive St Andrews - 26th August 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Really can't trust the weather reports, saw the weather report at the start of the week it was meant to be pishing down all week, it's been great sunshine up here a wee bit windy just the odd shower, hope the weather stays good for us day

The ride I done the other day was good, hit a bitch of a head winds from tayport to Newburgh and the costal road had more hills on it than I thought,then on the road back from st Andrews i was hoping to hit a good time on the cycle path by the old course hotel, the wind slowed me right down and I think am 24th out of 25 riders,dam you head wind

I only look at the weather when i get to the place im cycling cause the weather folk are hardly ever right :laugh: Im just hoping for no/very little wind ;) What time are you planning on registering at?

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
About 8ish I think, you doing the 65 mile route?

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
About 8ish I think, you doing the 65 mile route?

You doing the longer route? Yeah im doing the 65 mile route, thinking about leaving my house around half 7 and being there for the Registration opening at 8.45 although i get the feeling it will open before that with the 80 mile riders leaving for 7.45 :wacko:

tug benson

Going to do the 65 mile route, might register a bit later than I said, I might set off about 9 o'clock, am hoping to do the 65 mile route in around 4 hours quicker if possible

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Going to do the 65 mile route, might register a bit later than I said, I might set off about 9 o'clock, am hoping to do the 65 mile route in around 4 hours quicker if possible

I doubt i will do it as fast as that, especially as it looks like im coming down with man flu :cry:

Might see you at the start :smile:

tug benson

thinking about it i doubt i`ll be able to do it in 4 hours, maybe about the 4 and half hour mark

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Well man flu has well and truly set in, going to get up tomorrow and see if i feel well enough to do it, total gutted cause i wanted to enjoy it and now i might not even get to do it :sad:

tug benson

Save a wee bit of energy for the last hill, it's not massive but your legs will feel it as its near the end,went out this morning to do to get rid of last nights punjabi masala..

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Save a wee bit of energy for the last hill, it's not massive but your legs will feel it as its near the end,went out this morning to do to get rid of last nights punjabi masala..

I'll be saving my energy for every hill :laugh: If i was sensible i wouldnt be doing it tomorrow but dont want feeling rubbish to stop me doing something i have been looking forward to for months :bicycle:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Not long back home, some of the hills were mega, it was a good bit more hilly than i thought it was going to be, 65 miles and moving time was 4:50:27, from falkland to the end i was cycling with a guy from glasgow :thumbsup:

tug benson

I have been told so many times that Fife is flat, I was beginning to believe it.............................

hills we done were not massive but the just seem to hot you like a wall...the Edmund Pl Climb when i was at the bottom of that i didn`t think i would be able to do it, but i was fine in the end...also the last climb up to strathkinnes would have caught a few out, i had a older man cycling beside me shouting that he was running on empty and screaming that he was hoping this was the last f*cking climb...

Top Bottom