Sportive St Andrews - 26th August 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Thats some ride Jamie, similar to a ride i wanted to do next sat but not going over the bridge and not going as far west, im sure you will manage 65 miles no problem considering you have done more than that a few times now :thumbsup:

i`ll see how the weather is this weekend but i plan on going from alloa, up and around lock katrine then back to alloa, am think closer to 75 mile for that ride..

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
i`ll see how the weather is this weekend but i plan on going from alloa, up and around lock katrine then back to alloa, am think closer to 75 mile for that ride..

You will be more than ready for the sportive then :thumbsup: Im itching to get a roadie so much that the Triban is looking like a good option ;)

Fubar

Guru
You will be more than ready for the sportive then :thumbsup: Im itching to get a roadie so much that the Triban is looking like a good option ;)

Copycat ;) At least I know it'll fit on my bike rack!!

tug benson

Me..

Am up at st Andrews just now, was a bit pissed on Sunday night as it was the girlfriends birthday and we went to the rocca grill for a meal, plan on doing a cycle tomorrow morning maybe about the 50 mile mark then I hope to do a small ride on Friday morning..must admit am a bit worried about remembering the route, I could be wrong but am sure I saw on twitter that the event is sold out

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Me..

Am up at st Andrews just now, was a bit pissed on Sunday night as it was the girlfriends birthday and we went to the rocca grill for a meal, plan on doing a cycle tomorrow morning maybe about the 50 mile mark then I hope to do a small ride on Friday morning..must admit am a bit worried about remembering the route, I could be wrong but am sure I saw on twitter that the event is sold out

Just looked and i think your right, although it says it is capped at 300 riders and 321 have entered :wacko: If i dont end up getting in then ill just need to go out on the sat instead :bicycle:

tug benson

Really can't trust the weather reports, saw the weather report at the start of the week it was meant to be pishing down all week, it's been great sunshine up here a wee bit windy just the odd shower, hope the weather stays good for us day

The ride I done the other day was good, hit a bitch of a head winds from tayport to Newburgh and the costal road had more hills on it than I thought,then on the road back from st Andrews i was hoping to hit a good time on the cycle path by the old course hotel, the wind slowed me right down and I think am 24th out of 25 riders,dam you head wind

Top Bottom