Sportive St Andrews - 26th August 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Done my biggest ride so far to get me in shape for the st andrews sportive, went from alloa through bridge of allan, up to callendar then over to aberfoyle, back to stirling then back home to alloa 61.1 miles and its safe to say i am knackered.....

also i doubt i will be able to feel my bum for at least 3 week

here is the ride i done

http://app.strava.com/rides/11024210

Done my biggest ride so far to get me in shape for the st andrews sportive, went from alloa through bridge of allan, up to callendar then over to aberfoyle, back to stirling then back home to alloa 61.1 miles and its safe to say i am knackered.....

here is the ride i done

Well done. I like that segment name http://app.strava.com/rides/11024210#193367606 :laugh:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru

here is the ride i done

Looks like a great cycle, you will manage st andrews no problem, i need more training :laugh:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
i hope i manage it, i just took up cycling at the end of last year/begining of this year, i did it to lose a bit of weight, i was 18 stone am now down to 15 st 5lb i just started doing the alloa to dunfermline cycle path on my mountain bike, but i just felt that i need to be out on the road, so at the end of april got my first road bike, i`ve got a specialized secteur sport, it does me and gets me about central scotland...my big worry is hills am just not very fast at them, i`ll get there but it will take me a while

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
i hope i manage it, i just took up cycling at the end of last year/begining of this year, i did it to lose a bit of weight, i was 18 stone am now down to 15 st 5lb i just started doing the alloa to dunfermline cycle path on my mountain bike, but i just felt that i need to be out on the road, so at the end of april got my first road bike, i`ve got a specialized secteur sport, it does me and gets me about central scotland...my big worry is hills am just not very fast at them, i`ll get there but it will take me a while

Thats good going and well done :thumbsup: Dont worry i still cant do hills and thats over a year of me trying them :laugh:

Nice route, I know those roads well. An interesting variation is to take the south side of the Teith from Doune to Callander, much quieter than the A84 and quite scenic.

Quick Bump of the thread all routes been re-done and re-mapped which are now zoomable with elevations & exportable to GPS having re-ridden some bits they've been adjusted slightly & until the end of July to fill the Sportive up offering 3 places for the price of 2 on all entries, I've allowed multiple entries in one name and will adjust your entry and add in the 3'rd rider manually

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Less than 3 weeks to go until this ride, i've still not signed up yet but i think i will be soon :thumbsup:

Roll up roll up & Sign up sign up!! so close to the 200 Paid Entries Mark got a few more to enter in who are raising for another couple of charities who are also helping on the day hope to get between 250 & 300 for the day & come back bigger and better for 2013

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Roll up roll up & Sign up sign up!! so close to the 200 Paid Entries Mark got a few more to enter in who are raising for another couple of charities who are also helping on the day hope to get between 250 & 300 for the day & come back bigger and better for 2013

I'm just short of some cash at the moment but when i have it i will be signing up :smile:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Thats some ride Jamie, similar to a ride i wanted to do next sat but not going over the bridge and not going as far west, im sure you will manage 65 miles no problem considering you have done more than that a few times now :thumbsup:

Top Bottom