Spotted for sale elsewhere: Vintage / Classic bikes, framesets and components

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Very tidy looking Raleigh Jaguar (looks similar to a Pioneer, much beloved of @SkipdiverJohn ) near Barnsley, has been modified for touring with butterfly bars and two racks. Just 75 notes.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/mans-23-bike-jaguar-hybrid-tourer/1320922764

Good find - looks like it"s been improved by someone who knew what they were doing and likes bikes. V brakes.

I acquired a pioneer for rough duty touring after some info from skipdiver on various models but it will need more work than that I th

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
It actually looks like a late model Pioneer to me, possibly a welded import frame. The picture quality isn't too great. Definitely more recent than mine though. There's no way that is a 23" size frame, nowhere near that.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
It actually looks like a late model Pioneer to me, possibly a welded import frame. The picture quality isn't too great. Definitely more recent than mine though. There's no way that is a 23" size frame, nowhere near that.
I've been thinking the same thing. That head tube is about as short as it could be. I'd say 21" at most.

colly

Re member eR
There is a 1967 Curly Hetchins for sale in Otley West Yorkshire. A friend of mine saw a card offering it for sale in the customers notices section of Sainsbury's.
I think it's around £975 negotiable. Not for me but if anyone is desperate for one....

I can get a phone number if anyone is interested.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
This looks very interesting. Have no knowledge of Archie Wilkinson or speedway bikes but could be worth a punt, certainly for twenty five quid! Sheffield.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/rare-archie-wilkinson-cycle-speedway-bike/1324430213

Snap , there's one at Ayudante in stoke too ( but with the fork on wrong way around)

WP_20181206_14_54_57_Pro.jpg

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Very tidy looking Raleigh Jaguar (looks similar to a Pioneer, much beloved of @SkipdiverJohn ) near Barnsley, has been modified for touring with butterfly bars and two racks. Just 75 notes.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/mans-23-bike-jaguar-hybrid-tourer/1320922764

I'm a little late to the party as it's no longer available, but I'm quite certain it's one of these. So largely unmodified, and not a Jaguar:

Tourer2.JPG

Tourer5.JPG

Tourer1.JPG

I bought this one (21") last year in as-new condition; I worked out it dates from about 1995. I had to have it for the colour if nothing else! Although it's not seen much road yet, it's been very useful in preventing me buying other tempting things I don't really need. :scratch:

Top Bottom