Spotted for sale elsewhere: Vintage / Classic bikes, framesets and components

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Revive (ECDC recycling centre) in Witchford, Cambs again: http://witchford.revivemarketplace.com/

Raleigh Equipe up for grabs. £30 as seen. Looks in reasonable nick.

product_img_20190202_5c55749689dce-800x390.jpg

Also for sale, a ladies' bike with rod brakes., probably 1950s... £30, needs a bit of tlc. Not sure exactly what it is, but the chain ring says "Phillips"

product_img_20181111_5be7f8f221659-800x390.jpg

Last edited:

Alan O

Über Member
No I mean the visible rust hole right near the bottom of the thin down tube just above the cog-set, in fact the entire area down there looks to be very scabby!!.
Do you mean in the blurry photo #4? All I can see there is the front derailleur cage (out of focus) and some shadows. I can't see any detail of the lower end of the down tube in any other photos.

Or if by "the thin down tube just above the cog-set" you mean the tube nearest the camera in the same photo, then that is the seat stay as Illaveago says - the "down tube" is the tube from the headset/fork down to the bottom bracket/pedal area.

Last edited:
Do you mean in the blurry photo #4? All I can see there is the front derailleur cage (out of focus) and some shadows. I can't see any detail of the lower end of the down tube in any other photos.

Or if by "the thin down tube just above the cog-set" you mean the tube nearest the camera in the same photo, then that is the seat stay as Illaveago says - the "down tube" is the tube from the headset/fork down to the bottom bracket/pedal area.

I am but a simpleton (i.e. thick) when it comes to fine detail bike matters so please excuse me for being misleading. But in the 4th image, which in very sharp focus, you can see just above the back wheels cog-set and chain you can clearly show bubbling/scabby paint and also what must be a rust hole.

Alan O

Über Member
I am but a simpleton (i.e. thick) when it comes to fine detail bike matters so please excuse me for being misleading. But in the 4th image, which in very sharp focus, you can see just above the back wheels cog-set and chain you can clearly show bubbling/scabby paint and also what must be a rust hole.
Yep, that tube is called a seat stay.

Top Bottom