Spotted today...whilst in Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
Makes mental note to go and check all display bikes tomorrow. :whistle:
Although, in their defence, they don't sell display bikes and they are often just thrown together more quickly.
I pulled a cross fire out of the rack today to show a customer and the back wheel didn't come with it.:blush:

Kins

Über Member
Although, in their defence, they don't sell display bikes and they are often just thrown together more quickly.
I pulled a cross fire out of the rack today to show a customer and the back wheel didn't come with it.:blush:

Optional Extra? :laugh:

compo

Veteran
Looking how the brake cable is twisted round the head I wonder if the bike is actually assembled correctly but some muppet has simply spun the bars/forks round when putting the bike on the display.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Looking how the brake cable is twisted round the head I wonder if the bike is actually assembled correctly but some muppet has simply spun the bars/forks round when putting the bike on the display.

Looks like the stem is pointing in the right direction though.......

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I feel for you, Sandra, it's like carrying the whole of your workplace's reputation on your shoulders on this forum!
You are taking it all in your stride, chapeau! :thumbsup:

compo

Veteran
Looks like the stem is pointing in the right direction though.......

Good point, I missed that.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Must say, the sales guys in my local Halfords have been great. Went in for sons bike, didn't have any in size, buy found another staff bike that was same size and let him try it. Did thank them and went to another store to pick it up as they had stock, but their staff were not as good.

Got daughters bike from local store, again helpful, but they were fine when I explained I was a cyclist and wanted it in a box. Also bought my Garmin 200 from them, and a warranty fail on it, all dealt with fine. The staff do admit the stock system is a bit iffy.

classic33

Leg End Member
Lasting memory of Halfords in Leeds is three people trying to work out to connect the chain to the rear wheel, mounted on the forks & still being able to actually turn the bike whilst riding it.

Ningishzidda

When I bought a bike from SPA CYCLES of Harrogate, it arrived on my doorstep in a friggin' cardboard box. The handlebars were turned 90 degrees, the wheel weren't even in it and the pedals were in a goddamned plastic bag taped to the frame.

Top Bottom