Spray can problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can anyone suggest a way to stop rattlecan spray paint cans from dripping?

I've had this problem with a couple of cans from Montana sprays but I expect most are the same basic design. The spray cap doesn't seem to seal properly and the paint bubbles up and drips down the can. Is there a trick for preventing this?

Globalti

Legendary Member
You mean the actuator button leaks on top of the valve and paint and propellant escape and bubble out of the valve well?

That's surely due to the wrong nozzle being fitted and it shouldn't happen. Why not drop the manufacturers an email quoting the batch numbers? They may have been supplied an incorrect spec of nozzle from Taiwan and might send you a few in replacement.

You mean the actuator button leaks on top of the valve and paint and propellant escape and bubble out of the valve well?

That's surely due to the wrong nozzle being fitted and it shouldn't happen. Why not drop the manufacturers an email quoting the batch numbers? They may have been supplied an incorrect spec of nozzle from Taiwan and might send you a few in replacement.

I think that was the problem: I just put an old nozzle on the can and it worked fine.

Top Bottom