Spring and summer boating type striped blazer to make me stand out from the riff raff...help me decide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Come n @Accy cyclist , don’t be shy, let’s see you dressed in your jacket.

is Clitheroe posh? I once had a night out there, to be fair the meal out was jolly decent, but we went into a pub that had a pole dancing pole just to one side of the bar :whistle:
Posher than it used to be maybe as folks discovered how nice it is but still very down to earth, not posh. Never known strippers there - had to come to london to discover such sin, and they have all but disappeared from there. I can maybe guess which pub that was though I never saw it. By the by, re accy's comment upthread, we had a whippet when i was a kid :smile:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Posher than it used to be maybe as folks discovered how nice it is but still very down to earth, not posh. Never known strippers there - had to come to london to discover such sin, and they have all but disappeared from there. I can maybe guess which pub that was though I never saw it. By the by, re accy's comment upthread, we had a whippet when i was a kid :smile:
there wasn't any there when we were in, i'm not sure it wasn't just part of the decor?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Or for burning witches on.
This pub not near the Catholic church by any chance?
That was the one i was thinking of.
I think you might be right - just done a google map street view search and key street bar / cross keys looks very much like the place, it defo had a music theme, and the frontage looks familiar. it was back in 2009/10 ish so names may have changed. we ate at the down the Emporium which was decent enough.

I think you might be right - just done a google map street view search and key street bar / cross keys looks very much like the place, it defo had a music theme, and the frontage looks familiar. it was back in 2009/10 ish so names may have changed. we ate at the down the Emporium which was decent enough.
Yes that's the place.
Used to have very, er, interesting toilets, which many on here wouldn't approve of. Haven't been in for years - used to be rammed new years eve in particular - real pushing and shoving to get in. More pushing and shoving to get out - deadlock; then something gave and we all popped out/exploded onto the pavement. Happy days.
Current dress sense apart, me and accy are in agreement I think that the place needs a spoons to put a brake on any drift to posh.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That's actually quite tasteful to be fair.

Definitely not the navy blue blazer with gold buttons unless you want the golf club saloon bar bore look
Yes,i think navy blazers are a bit too formal...and hard to hide marks and stains. I think the blazer i've bought has a touch of Wimbledon tennis official look about it.

1618420598328.png

More the green and navy tie than the jacket 🤔

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
is Clitheroe posh? I once had a night out there, to be fair the meal out was jolly decent, but we went into a pub that had a pole dancing pole just to one side of the bar :whistle:
I've only been in Clitheroe pubs in the day time,for a swift half. I've never done a night time pub crawl there. I remember it once being a bit rough,as groups of 'lads' from Blackburn ,Burnley even further away places like Keighley and Bolton would clash with each other in pubs and surrounding streets. It was always in the local paper for trouble,but the introduction of wine and gin bars seems to have calmed the place down a bit.

Top Bottom