Spring and summer boating type striped blazer to make me stand out from the riff raff...help me decide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Come n @Accy cyclist , donā€™t be shy, letā€™s see you dressed in your jacket.
You'll have to wait till i wear it on its first outing!šŸ§

I've only been in Clitheroe pubs in the day time,for a swift half. I've never done a night time pub crawl there. I remember it once being a bit rough,as groups of 'lads' from Blackburn ,Burnley even further away places like Keighley and Bolton would clash with each other in pubs and surrounding streets. It was always in the local paper for trouble,but the introduction of wine and gin bars seems to have calmed the place down a bit.
It was never really rough when I was young, even though I must admit that gordon*, somewhat grumpy but essentially amiable landlord of The Buck, kept a baseball bat behind the bar and some furniture got thrown though the pub window one night when I was elsewhere - everyone just spent the evening criss-crossing between pubs (not much else to do there) - very boring to stay in one pub all evening - I might well do if spoons landed there.
* strangely I half thought of him today as I had my plague hair cut - Hungarian barber asked when it was last that long - i said late teens - and kinda remembered gordon taking the piss out of it.
The place for good beer in the town is The New Inn, though it has a certain reputation for being the haunt of teachers - and in my experience sloshing the beer into glasses - both good reasons for the arrival of a spoons.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Even the same hankerchief
Er hum! It's not a handkerchief,it's a pocket square and if you look closely the one the older Charles is wearing is blue. The younger Charles is wearing a violet,lilac pocket square.šŸ§
1618444512218.png

Last edited:

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Hum,looking at it,it's maybe a bit too tight/small? šŸ¤” Ah well,i'll finish my cup of coffee off then try it on.

View attachment 583918
View attachment 583919

Edit....I've just tried it on. It fits perfectly.:smile: Even the sleeves are long enough,which is unusual as i have quite long arms!!

View attachment 583921
Is that picture above your mirror really a portrait of Boris Johnson eating a sausage? I canā€™t unsee it now.
65158C01-034A-4008-8477-7C9E4B62FAE0.jpeg

Top Bottom