Spring and summer boating type striped blazer to make me stand out from the riff raff...help me decide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Now if only this was available in a large size. 707 dabs for a cricket/tennis jumper's pretty reasonable wouldn't you say?🤔

1619956050833.png

https://www.farfetch.com/uk/shoppin...hQvnEquhuLlxFGMH60PCku1nWFFnizGhoCdusQAvD_BwE

Last edited:

Bobario

Veteran
You must be the best dressed bloke in Accrington the amount of gear you buy! I like the look of the Ralph Lauren one, but like you say that's a lot of money.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You must be the best dressed bloke in Accrington
Thanks for that! I often have such words said to me. I usually reply with a "Thanks,but i haven't much competition". Maybe i should tone it down and not sound so 'up himself',but i'm not attempting to come across that way. i'm trying to be modest,by pointing out that maybe they're more scruffy than i'm 'well dressed'?:whistle: I went out today with a 30 quid, old tweed jacket from the retro clothing shop i work in. A £12.50 pair of navy cords from Marks and Sparks and a £1 (in the sale) tie from Tesco. Ok,i had a Ralph Lauren shirt and a pair of Loake shoes on,but apart from those two items,my clothes probably didn't cost anymore than the stuff everybody else seemed to be wearing. People think that when you 'dress well' It takes ages to put the clothes on and those clothes cost 'a bomb'. Seriously it doesn't take any longer to 'dress up than it does to 'dress down'.:okay:

As for the Polo cricket jumper,yes it is a lot of money. :unsure: I can spend hours deciding whether to buy or not buy items of clothing. Sometimes i get so close to buying,ready to press 'buy' then back down. Maybe i get a bit of a high doing that?🤔 :smile:

1620321883613.png

Bobario

Veteran
You certainly don't come across as "up yourself" just be yourself and stuff anyone who doesn't like it. I must admit you look very dapper in your new outfit. While it may look like I put a lot of time and effort into looking as unkempt as possible, it just seems to come naturally.

I know what you mean about the shopping thing. I used to find the weeks of searching for and planning holidays almost as much fun as the holidays themselves.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You certainly don't come across as "up yourself" just be yourself and stuff anyone who doesn't like it. I must admit you look very dapper in your new outfit. While it may look like I put a lot of time and effort into looking as unkempt as possible, it just seems to come naturally.

I know what you mean about the shopping thing. I used to find the weeks of searching for and planning holidays almost as much fun as the holidays themselves.
My parents were always smartly turned out,so maybe that's where i get it from. I look on it as a way of remembering them and thinking maybe a little bit of them lives on in me,not just genetics wise. My dad always wore a shirt and tie,even for his manual job as a coach-builder. Sometimes on hot days he'd take his tie off,but he was never seen without a collar,no matter how hot or uncomfy he'd be. He was also fanatical about shoes being highly polished,probably because of his national service days.

How about this! If i wear a shirt and tie and say a tweed jacket in a local supermarket,the security guard who's usually on always calls me 'Sir' (when nabbing me for shoplifting.....only joking^_^) Yet if i go in after i've been to the gym,wearing 'sports gear' he calls me 'mate'. Even though he obviously knows i'm the same person.:smile:

Last edited:

Bobario

Veteran
I once worked for an old school builder who always wore a shirt and a jacket to work. He would take the jacket off whilst working but always wore a shirt with a collar. According to him they all did back in the day.

That security guard probably thinks you're lord something or other! I reckon you could get away with shoplifting, the guards wouldn't dream you could do such a thing.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That security guard probably thinks you're lord something or other! I reckon you could get away with shoplifting, the guards wouldn't dream you could do such a thing.
Funnily enough,I once said to him,when he asked what i did for a living that i was a professional shoplifter. "I wouldn't believe that in a million years sir" he politely replied. :whistle:

Last edited:

Nibor

Bewildered
Why do plebs wear wellingtons in dry weather/conditions? 🤔 There's a yokel near me who takes his dog for a walk in a high viz work jacket,grey with red stripes Adidas track pants and green wellies. He wears the same stuff every night,hence my accurate description of his ensemble. We haven't had rain for months,yet he still wears those wellingtons! 🧐
There is a chap who wanders around the market in Accrington always wearing wellingtons and a knotted hanky hat I kid you not.

Top Bottom