Spring and summer boating type striped blazer to make me stand out from the riff raff...help me decide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Safari Jackets are back in? Oh dear. I remember as a kid we were in a scout hut and one of the mail order catalogues, you know the ones that were fashionable back in the 70s and 80s. This had lurked in a dark corner for years, it was from the 70s and featured, after we had looked at the women's underwear section (come on, what you you expect from 15 year old boys?) safari suits and flares. The men wearing them looked incredibly camp, we were howling with laughter.
I don't know what makes you think they were 'incredibly camp',in those days.🤔

1621946216806.png

1621946333326.png

:laugh:

tyred

Legendary Member
To think that people moan about the clothes worn by today's youth!

postman

Legendary Member
Monocle yes, but tweeds are a no no, this is the look you should be going for.

View attachment 590306
I have been watching Half hot mum on youtube,he was buried with that hat,tell you what though he was one hell of a singer.There is a couple of videos of him selling cds in shopping centres,and one in New Zealand,he looked pitiful.He was very sour about AHHM not being repeated due to pc problems.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I bought this velvet jacket in March last year,just before the first lockdown. A late midlife crisis buy maybe? Closing the pubs meant i hardly wore it and now now that i'm 60 and a half i think i'm too old for it.🤔

1622842224066.png

1622842289890.png

1622842914415.png

It looks better when it's on as it's fitted, which doesn't show so much in my photos.

Last edited:
Top Bottom