Spring and summer boating type striped blazer to make me stand out from the riff raff...help me decide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Thinking back to my first pair of trousers, I always remember this chap!
https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/4089695.former-great-harwood-raf-pilot-dies-92/
They were bought in February 1970 for my uncle's wedding. Gone are the days when a chap like Donald Mercer came out the back of the shop wearing a suit, or a sports jacket and flannels with his tape measure round his neck to measure your waist and inseam. Sadly his old shop is now a betting shop.:headshake: I didn't know till the above nearly 13 year old report was published that he had such a prestigious history. šŸ¤”

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just got back from a shopping and cemetery trip. I'm keeping my tweed bugatti cap, 1960's lambswool and suede cardigan, tweed trousers, lamswool socks and Loake wool lined boots on till I thaw out.:cold:

1638122416613.png

1638122437027.png

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'd also like to add that while out shopping I saw some plank in the supermarket wearing a sleeveless t-shirt, hideous cargo shorts and flip flops!! :ohmy: Not a young one either. He must've been as old as me. What the feck I ask?!!šŸ§

Gunk

Guru
You make feel very scruffy, today Iā€™ve been mostly wearing a knackered old pair of Leviā€™s, Honda motorcycle hoodie and a pair of Adidas Hamburgs

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You make feel very scruffy, today Iā€™ve been mostly wearing a knackered old pair of Leviā€™s, Honda motorcycle hoodie and a pair of Adidas Hamburgs
I rarely wear those tweed pants. They're great in this weather, but too warm for non very cold/freezing days. They're also lined which makes them even warmer:heat:, but the lining does stop that wool itchiness. That cardigan is about 55 years old. I bought it from the shop I work in. That's also very warm and best left for very cold days, unless worn without a jacket on milder days.

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
I'd also like to add that while out shopping I saw some plank in the supermarket wearing a sleeveless t-shirt, hideous cargo shorts and flip flops!! :ohmy: Not a young one either. He must've been as old as me. What the feck I ask?!!šŸ§

Why bother about how someone else chooses to dress? Unless it's stupidly revealing or offensive (and I say that as the owner of Cradle of Filth's "Vestal Masturbation" shirt, which doesn't get a public airing) does it matter?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
does it matter?
Yes it does! Why should I have to look at such sights?! In his own home, no one would give a toss, but in full view of the public it's not right!!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Have we done Plus Fours on this thread. They'd be a good fit (pardon the pun). I had cause to look up the origin of the name today, and I thought of this thread ^_^

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Have we done Plus Fours on this thread. They'd be a good fit (pardon the pun). I had cause to look up the origin of the name today, and I thought of this thread ^_^
We have a pair in the shop I work in. I think I might've posted a pic' of them somewhere back in this thread. They are my waist size (32 inches) which is bad as they are so tempting, but the thought of wearing them makes me think No, I'd like to but I just wouldn't feel comfy, thinking what others were thinking about them.:unsure:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
We have a pair in the shop I work in. I think I might've posted a pic' of them somewhere back in this thread. They are my waist size (32 inches) which is bad as they are so tempting, but the thought of wearing them makes me think No, I'd like to but I just wouldn't feel comfy, thinking what others were thinking about them.:unsure:
I reckon you could totally carry it off Accy, but I get what you mean, if you don't feel right in something :okay:

Top Bottom