Spring Into The Dales 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Well, it is 15 days since I last rode my bike and it has been doing my head in having to rest with all this sunshine!

I've been waiting for my chest infection (or snot-less cold as I like to call it!) to pass. I've still got some of the wheezy congested chest symptoms but my legs haven't felt wobbly for about 4 days now so I'm going to get my bike out this afternoon and attempt a slow 20-miler.

Go for it Col, the Trawden route is only 30 or so, you might as well do that ;)

Did a hill today near the Airport tunnels, didn't think I'd been that way before my friend said I had, once there I remembered it, had to walk it last time, today went up without even thinking about it :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Go for it Col, the Trawden route is only 30 or so, you might as well do that ;)
I've been sitting in my back yard catching a few rays. It's a sun-trap at this time of day. It's still a bit too warm for riding so I intend to head out a bit later on.

Trawden - yeah, right! I'm thinking more of a gentle pootle up through Cragg Vale, and back on the lanes we used on our last forum ride.

Did a hill today near the Airport tunnels, didn't think I'd been that way before my friend said I had, once there I remembered it, had to walk it last time, today went up without even thinking about it :thumbsup:
Nice feeling that, isn't it! I remember it well ... These days, it's more a case of engaging a 30/28 gear for something I used to sprint up in a 39/19 or 39/21!

potsy

Rambler
I've been sitting in my back yard catching a few rays. It's a sun-trap at this time of day. It's still a bit too warm for riding so I intend to head out a bit later on.

Are you still out there? I know you are unfit but thought you'd have managed 20 miles by now ;)

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Are you still out there? I know you are unfit but thought you'd have managed 20 miles by now ;)
Cheeky! I wanted to watch my recording of today's Liège–Bastogne–Liège before coming back on CycleChat in case someone gave the result away. Another great race!

I did do the Cragg Vale ride and it was fun to be out on the bike in the sunshine again.

My lungs are still full of crap, my breathing is therefore still wheezy and my throat still felt a little sore but the good news is that my heart wasn't playing silly buggers the way it was last week (150+ bpm just walking slowly!), I didn't have the jelly legs, and I didn't feel sick any time I exerted myself. I'm on the mend!

I felt very unfit - the 20 miles felt more like 30 - but no matter. I definitely won't be fit to join Kevin for his 200 on Wednesday, but I'm hoping to be okay for another hilly Waddington ride on May 1st. I've thought of another variation to spice it up a little more! I'll start a thread on Tuesday when most people are back at work and therefore spending hours on CycleChat again. It's very noticeable how little goes on here when people are on holiday!

potsy

Rambler
I did do the Cragg Vale ride and it was fun to be out on the bike in the sunshine again.

My lungs are still full of crap, my breathing is therefore still wheezy and my throat still felt a little sore but the good news is that my heart wasn't playing silly buggers the way it was last week (150+ bpm just walking slowly!), I didn't have the jelly legs, and I didn't feel sick any time I exerted myself. I'm on the mend!

I felt very unfit - the 20 miles felt more like 30 - but no matter. I definitely won't be fit to join Kevin for his 200 on Wednesday, but I'm hoping to be okay for another hilly Waddington ride on May 1st. I've thought of another variation to spice it up a little more! I'll start a thread on Tuesday when most people are back at work and therefore spending hours on CycleChat again. It's very noticeable how little goes on here when people are on holiday!

Why do I not like the sound of that? :rolleyes:
I'm sure you'll be fine for the 1st May, sounds like you're well on the mend.
I am confused at how the illness has cured your 'jelly legs' though :unsure:
They've been like that all year :biggrin:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I am confused at how the illness has cured your 'jelly legs' though :unsure:
They've been like that all year :biggrin:
Ho ho!

On Saturday night last week, a few hours before SITD, I was still trying to convince myself that I was well enough to ride. The reality is that walking round to see you at the finish was about as much as I could cope with. Whatever that bug is/was, it did something really nasty to my system for about 5 days.

You watch - that will have been our summer and I missed most of it! (The Look North weatherman said something depressing the other night ... Apparently, he's been back through the records and 70% of the time, a sunny April has been followed by a gloomy, damp, chilly summer!)

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

The pics of the Spring into the Dales 2011 are now online here -> CLICK ME
Gnash - go on, rub it in! :thumbsup:

potsy

Rambler
Oh yes sorry colin I forgot your not in them are you ......................... but I am :laugh: and so is potsy but didnt find anyone else but there are a lot of them so I will have another look see who else I can see.

sorry couldnt resist :whistle:

Have put a few up in the 'tea' thread Phil, found tubby and a group shot with skud and co. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom