England : Kent Spring Ride -The Harbours of Kent - Saturday 6th May 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Just looked at the train times again. Still on for it, and I can still save money by split ticketing!

Bryony

Veteran
My OH and I will not be able to make it now I didn't realise it's my friend's baby shower (I thought it was another couple of weeks away! Oops!) and my OH forgot to swap his shift at work.

I hope this ride comes up again as I was really looking forward to it, and to meeting you guys!

OP
OP
S

sotkayak

Veteran
Possibles now are : User10571 + 1 ( or maybe not .. )
Fab Foodie
Stephen Piper

Hill Wimp
HertzvanRental
Nigel 182
jojo2512
Carl P
Hopless500
OMG
greekonabike
GM
Diggs

all the gear no idea
Tim Hall + 1

Martin 235
LiloLee
The Doctor

Sorry to see @@Byrony and @@Charlotte Alice Button out .
Bad News and Good News -the weather forecast for Saturday is 18mph North East Wind (pedalling into the wind alllmost all the way to Ramsgate ) and the good news -sunny intervals all day.

The question is : Do we switch start and finish at this late stage (ie Start at Ramsgate Harbour and finish at Whitstable) or keep everything as it is.
I am easy either way ,although I would start at Ramsgate ,given the wind direction.

PleaSE REPLY ,FOLKS. Nothing changes unless most vote for change..

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Is this ride Bromieable? If so is anyone bringing theirs.
Yes it's eminently Brommieable, the only downside is that much of it is on slightly buzzy concrete with regular expansion joints in places. Just don't pump the tyres rock hard! I'm considering the Brompton as I wasn't able to bring my BSA folder down from Abingdon.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hey guys....bad news....I might have to swap my weekend days for working. I am trying to push for another position so might need to pull some stops out... xxx
NOOoooooooooo......................

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Fab Foodie
Stephen Piper

Hill Wimp
HertzvanRental
Nigel 182
jojo2512
Carl P
Hopless500
OMG
greekonabike
GM
Diggs

all the gear no idea
Tim Hall + 1

Martin 235
LiloLee
The Doctor

Bad News and Good News -the weather forecast for Saturday is 18mph North East Wind (pedalling into the wind alllmost all the way to Ramsgate ) and the good news -sunny intervals all day.

The question is : Do we switch start and finish at this late stage (ie Start at Ramsgate Harbour and finish at Whitstable) or keep everything as it is.
I am easy either way ,although I would start at Ramsgate ,given the wind direction.

Martint235 is no longer of this parish, but I will message him about this ride.

Fab Foodie
Stephen Piper

Hill Wimp
HertzvanRental
Nigel 182
jojo2512
Carl P
Hopless500
OMG
greekonabike
GM
Diggs

all the gear no idea
Tim Hall + 1

Martin 235
LiloLee
The Doctor

Can make the Whitstable start and if it changes to a Ramssgate start can still make it just an earlier leave and sorting out Car Parking but happy to go with the Majority.

OP
OP
S

sotkayak

Veteran
Fab Foodie
Stephen Piper

Hill Wimp
HertzvanRental
Nigel 182
jojo2512

Hopless500
OMG
greekonabike
GM
Diggs

all the gear no idea