England : Kent Spring Ride -The Harbours of Kent - Saturday 6th May 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I ride ~30 miles every day.
Whatever the weather.
I've little choice with that.
I'm gutted to have missed out on some mileage with my friends today.
Another time.
Friends.
Looking forward to it especially after today I'm sure my miles have increased to almost the old days see you on the road

OP
OP
S

sotkayak

Veteran
Thanks for a most memorable day out ,folks.The good company and conversation at the start of the ride ,the mid point break at the West Gate Cafe and the after ride drinlks were most enjoyable.The ride into the wind was a case of ''to strive and not to yield'' and the satisfaction of completing a tough course. 38 miles for me-most I've ever done for 20 years ! Will post pics and comment tomorrow or next week ! !
The wind graph from the Isle of Sheppey -which is not as gusty as the area we pedalled through
34492892905_9500513fce.jpg Wind Speed 6May17 by andre dup, on Flickr

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Chapeau to you brave people! I managed to get my broken toes into Shimano sandals and cycled about 1/2 a mile to the post office to pick up a parcel. Even after such a short ride in the city I managed to feel the malevolence of the wind. It was chucking filly. You guys were in it 50 times longer than I was. Nutcases!

A few more pics
20170506_105615.jpg
20170506_120839.jpg
20170506_120819.jpg
20170506_131802.jpg

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Crikey, that was a bit hardcore!
A frankly God-awful ride, but a good route with good company. There's nothing like sharing a bit of misery and punishment with like-minded masochists.
Particular thanks to FF for spiritual refreshment. I'm not sure that neat rum is advisable from a doping POV, but it did seem to help.
And I got back in time to cook dinner! Roast sirloin with roast spuds, yorkies and veggies, and an Aussie Shiraz/Cab Sav that barely touched the sides. Hunger is indeed the best sauce, although pepper and shallots runs it a pretty close second.

We've had a ruby and are now trying not to fall asleep.
Good one I've just woken up in front of the Fire as I was getting cold
My only tiny criticism is that Whitstable's favourite son, Peter Cushing wasn't digitally recreated a la Rogue One for the ride
Maybe Grand Moff Tarkin may make a return on another trip will keep an eye out

Top Bottom