Votes: 1 100.0%
  • An all rounder!

• Some of the above

• None of the above

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I just plod along, and am getting better/improving with every ride. At a smidge under 100kg though, I know I'll never be the best at anything (unless it's a nice tailwind decent!!), but if I can be as good as I can, who could ask for more?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Sub-plodder.

kyuss

Veteran
Sprinter. Most definately. I'm a big lad. Huge thighs. I'm crap on hills, pretty slow over any kind of distance but I've got the power. Give me a lead out and I'll hammer anyone over 100m.

woohoo

Veteran
I should have voted "An all rounder" because I'm equally bad at all of them but I thought that "None of the above" is probably a more fair interpretation of my abilities. :?:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Someone once commented that I climbed like Marco Pantani at a sportive, which made me very happy because I am The Pirate in my mind! This however was about ten miles before I got the most awful leg cramps ever... that served me right!. Seriously, when I am at proper racing weight, I am a very good climber. At the moment... just okay.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I think will drive the Broom Wagon. :becool::ohmy::ohmy:

But I would dream of Alejandro Valverde or being a climber.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
longers said:
^ That was my reasoning too, although given a bit of talent I'd like to be a climber.

i think if i'd been a dedicated cyclist since the age of 20, i'd have made a good climber (by virtue of my 5'7" stature). however, at the age of 38 i'm still working off the years between 24 and 36 when i i wasn't such a keen cyclist.

of all the disciplines, my climbing has improved the most.

OP
OP
Y

yello

This was the kind of stuff I was hoping for....

Flying_Monkey said:
I am The Pirate in my mind!

Speicher said:
But I would dream of Alejandro Valverde or being a climber.

...I wanted to gauge the romantic notions had by cyclists. And, more importantly, who was the 'best', climbers or sprinters etc. You know, like Thunderbird 2 is the best. Every child knows that!

asterix

Comrade Member
Oh well, in that case I'd be the 'Badger', altho' having made a come back after serious injuries I feel I understand a bit about Lance Armstrong's renewed determination..

Top Bottom