Squeak, squeak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

littlered

On my bike, driving me mad :eek:
You can only hear it when you are on the bike.

I have sprayed all moving parts with GT85 (dont worry not the brake pads) and still cant find it. :blush:

It's not like a normal squeak and I cant describe it.

Any ideas?

Keith Oates

Janner
Seat post or saddle, even if you don't think it's coming from there, check them out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Leave some cheese next to your bike and watch it all night. You may have a mouse in your bottom bracket... :eek:

Alternatively have you checked you handlebars/headset? They can make a sort of squeak if there's any play...

Kind of you to offer, but I am saving my hunger from 10.00am this morning when I had lunch (up at 5.00am today, so that was breakfast - mealtimes all out of kilter). Mrs Beanz and daughter are food shopping as I speak - no idea what's for evening meal, but when you are really hungry, everything tastes twice as nice!

:eek:

Arch

Married to Night Train
littlered said:
Thanks guys will do that after I've made my butternut risotto, any one want some? :eek:

Ooh, ooh (is that what your squeak sounds like?) recipe please! I have half a butternut squash in the fridge to use up..

Also half an aubergine. The joy of being alone... leftover halves of things :blush:

On the other hand, when I get to parity - no halves to use up - I'm all out of the motivation to eat properly...

OP
OP
L

littlered

100g risotto rice, 1/2 to 3/4 liters warm veg stock 1 onion, 2-3 garlic and butter.

saute (fry but do not colour the onion or garlic) the chopped onions and garlic in the butter till soft.

add the risotto rice then add a ladle of stock till the rice has absorbed the stock, then add another ladle. Keep doing this till the rice is soft but still has a bite. Ooo forgot the parigiano reggiano, grate some and add it to the risotto.

You can add anything you want to this. Herbs, (thyme and oregano) veg, meat what ever you have handy in the fridge.

If it's butternut squash roast in the oven for about 30/45 mins then mix with the risotto. YUMM :eek: :blush:

Mr Phoebus

Check there's no play in your BB, also the chainring bolts are tight.

If all the advice you've received fails, look over your shoulder when riding, make sure no- one's drafting you on a squeaky bike. :eek: :blush:

OP
OP
L

littlered

Mr Phoebus said:
Check there's no play in your BB, also the chainring bolts are tight.

If all the advice you've received fails, look over your shoulder when riding, make sure no- one's drafting you on a squeaky bike. :eek: :tongue:
BB :blush: chainring bolts :laugh: what the....

I'm just a daft female that knows nothing about my bike other than pedaling and changing gears. Where are those things you are on about. :biggrin: :tongue: :biggrin: :tongue:

Edit-BB bottom bracket is that it? well is it?

Ok where is it?

Top Bottom