Squeaks From Time Xpresso carbon iclic Pedal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After Some few trips with these Pedals Iv'e one of the pedals squeak ( Its the left one which is my stronger leg) Anybody with these pedals knows that there is quite a lot of lateral movement in the cleat to pedal and if I turn my foot slightly found it disappears Which I thought would be cleat positioning so altered cleat , to no avail
P.s I might add that it only squeaks when I am Putting the pressure i.e on inclines
I have applied silicon too both pedal and cleat which has not made any difference I can't get the pedal to squeak rotating it by hand thats with the brakes adjusted to cause drag on the wheel So any thought would be most welcome Many thanks Antnee

From what you describe, it is the bearing, not the cleat that squeaks. Isolate the cleat possibility by riding in trainers and see if it still squeaks.

Apart from the Manufacturers telling me the warranty will be void if I strip the pedal As I have probably only done about 600 miles on them. I will try what you suggest as thinking about it makes sound sense, there is nothing worse than A squeak

Globalti

Legendary Member
Possibly your foot is rotating on the pedal. Is there a score mark on the top surface evidencing rotation?

Well Decided that I'd sort it out yesterday or else as your right there is nothing like as bad as a squeak!! I looked at the pedal and both top surface of pedal and cleat surface show wear. this is after riding in trainers to make sure it wasn't the pedal bearing So what I can't understand is why its only on the left foot that the squeak occurs A temporary measure which works to an extent on about 20 miles I since found is silicon lubricant smeared on both cleat and pedal both seem to alleviate problem after that I'm at a loss to know how to proceed any thoughts any one. Thanks

Well Decided that I'd sort it out yesterday or else as your right there is nothing like as bad as a squeak!! I looked at the pedal and both top surface of pedal and cleat surface show wear. this is after riding in trainers to make sure it wasn't the pedal bearing So what I can't understand is why its only on the left foot that the squeak occurs A temporary measure which works to an extent on about 20 miles I since found is silicon lubricant smeared on both cleat and pedal both seem to alleviate problem after that I'm at a loss to know how to proceed any thoughts any one. Thanks

Well, now you know it is not the bearing. There are two solutions and both of them you don't want to hear.

1) Lubricate and stay off the carpets.
2) Experiment with a new cleat.

Right I see what you mean I do have a new pair of Cleats and will try that angel, as was advised that these cleats do wear far more quickly than some of the other types. Meanwhile thought I'd just post up pictures of both Left and right pedals to see if any of you can see more wear on one or the other?

Attachments

• LH Pedal 02.JPG
    LH Pedal 02.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 65
  • RH Pedal 03.JPG
    RH Pedal 03.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 64

BMF

I have the same problem and I can report that the new cleat version creaks even worse than its predecessor. I've tried dry lube, wax, light grease, light sanding, prayer to the Bicycle Gods, etc., etc. Nothing seems to work past about 50 miles or so. Hard to believe that no one else has this problem! I'm on the verge of just chucking them and getting DA 9100 or similar, something less tricky that just works.

Well touch wood or in this case carbon, I put a pair of new new cleats on cycling shoes and find that to date I seem to have lost the squeak Though I had a thought that if foot is rotating slightly on the pedal which the Time iclick allows 4.5mm I think, I did notice on the left hand chain stay that I'd got a rub mark from where rear inside of shoe was catching ( I have size 11 wide fitting) it so was probably that.
Altered cleat accordingly and must admit I've not noticed it of late since I did this. Perhaps loook at this but please persevere as I do find these pedals really easy to clip in to compered to when I tried the Shimano SPD/SL But Thats probably just me anyway? As plenty of cyclist seem to get on OK with them But Hey let me know if you do want get rid of them as I'll have of you lol for sure

Top Bottom