Squirtable food. Why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Teeth will have come entirely redundant.
I can't think of a squirty product I would have once chewed. Did you used to eat ketchup by the slice?

tyred

Legendary Member
Stand the tin in warm water first. Squirty Golden Syrup, heathen

My granddad told the story of when he was a little boy and alone in the house, he wanted to make something to eat. It was very frosty outside and someone had left the syrup tin sitting beside the window and it was really thick due to the cold so he closed the lid down tight and set it on the fire to warm up....he never did that again....

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
That aerosol cream IS full of air. If you leave it for a while it breaks down into something like cream mixed into water. The nozzle also has to be washed after use. If you don't, the next time you use it you'll find the nozzle full of black fungus.xx(
In all fairness, any whipped cream is full of air. The squirty stuff is lower fat, and that's why it won't stay whipped.
And yes, the black mouldy nozzle is pretty bad.

Drago

Legendary Member
Even Marmite has succumbed to this abomination.

Tin Pot

Guru
There seems to be a creeping, deeply unpleasant tendency for sauces to come in squirtable form. Mustard was the first to go, followed by mint sauce. Presumably it's a great wheeze for the manufacturers because they can claim that they need to add more water to make their stuff runny. I went to get a pot of Marmite earlier this evening. That's gone squirtable too. There's a repulsive rubber sphincter on the nozzle.

Is there any way of fighting back against this trend? I know that kindergarten pupils like squirty food, but do we all have to be subjected to this infantilism?

It the beginning of long slow process to adapt the human race for space travel.

We'll all be buying personal immersion tanks too soon, you'll see.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The worst has got to be cheese. It was of course the Americans that invented it.
download.jpg

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I suspect some, if not all of it, will be to do with the cost of materials, carriage, storage and in the case of glass, breakages.

Top Bottom