SRAM Gear Lever woes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark.C

Hi all,
I was wondering whether anybody could render assistance in finding a replacement 'E Clip' for the inside part of my right hand side SRAM Red lever to stop the gear shifter from sticking. It's hard to explain but basically it's relating to an armature and short bar that sits inside the main ratchet mechanism and is a crucial part of the whole mechanism for allowing the gears to change. A pin with a tapered edge slides through a hole on the other end of the arm and slots through the other side of a metal plate attached to the bottom of the gear lever, the pin has a machined slot which the E Clip slides on and fastens to and keeps this part in place while it rotates.

Basically this E Clip has somehow been lost and broken off and as a result when a gear is changed and the armature lifts up it keeps moving outwards and prevents the cylinder from returning underneath the main mechanism to its original location. This results in a stuck lever which literally has to be forced (or to push the pin back) to return it back to its original location, basically without a clip to hold the armature in plae lever isn't usable.

SRAM don't stock these clips, nor any of the the parts in question so that's a no go.

Hope what I'm describing makes sense, I've supplied some photos to give you a better idea of what I mean, sorry about the bad pics by the way, best I could do!

6079564446_3ebd683fc1_b_d.jpg

6079035285_17eed63c09_b_d.jpg

6079580192_d41020616e_z_d.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mark.C

Sorry guys, think I may have posted in the wrong section. If this could be moved to 'Know how' in the technical section that would be great!

Top Bottom