SRAM pre-waxed chain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I find the factory applied lube is very sticky and attracts dirt. Can't wait to get it off a new chain.

OP
OP
bbvelo

bbvelo

Regular
I find the factory applied lube is very sticky and attracts dirt. Can't wait to get it off a new chain.
But so does pretty much all wet lubes. I have just replaced my cassette and chain this morning and have a race tomorrow. Forecasts suggesting heavy rain. Was just wondering if it works well as wet lubricant.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
But so does pretty much all wet lubes. I have just replaced my cassette and chain this morning and have a race tomorrow. Forecasts suggesting heavy rain. Was just wondering if it works well as wet lubricant.

It lasts well enough when you first put a new chain on. Usually good enough for first 500-1,000 miles.

Levo-Lon

Guru

I always wipe them clean with a rag and a little gt85.
I dont bother oiling until it needs it.

Some chains are so bloody sticky you can get chain suck.
Not a problem with a single but a compact or mtb double, you can end up with a lovely gash in your frame.
Nice

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

I use muck off wet lube. Its quite light and doesnt hold the muck (this is on an MTB).

Top Bottom