Stage 2: SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
Nice revenge for Chavanel after his horrendous injuries on these same roads earlier in the year. Well done lad.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Either there's a general agreement not to attack them this early on in the race after a crash like that.

Chavavel in yellow, it looks like. But... maybe not, it looks like the stage might be annulled! I really hope not, that would be crap. Or at least, Cancellara and co. were 'protesting' anyway, let's see...

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Well done Chavanel today.

Who made Cancellara God ?

I hope the race organisers do not award any points to anyone other than the stage winner.

There are people who bet on this sport and it is a little bit of cheating to do what was done on the run in.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
raindog said:
Protesting about what for god's sake?

Apparently they are blaming the race-organisers for the route, and saying that caused the crashes. There's no way Chavanel's win or time should be discounted.

HonestMan1910

Über Member
raindog said:
Protesting about what for god's sake?

They are saying the road conditions were poor i.e too small to get team cars in and out etc.

The main issue is that it was race favourite who was brought down, it is a race, they should have raced :tongue:

montage

God Almighty
Not so impressed with Cancellara

BigSteev

If they wanted to protest about the route they should have done so when it was announced (i.e ages ago) or if they didn't like it, not entered. Are they going to whinge about tomorrows stage too?

raindog

er.....
No mention yet on France2 of a protest? Just a gentleman's agreement to regroup the peloton because of all the crashes, which I think is pretty cool really.

HonestMan1910

Über Member
raindog said:
No mention yet on France2 of a protest? Just a gentleman's agreement to regroup the peloton because of all the crashes, which I think is pretty cool really.

Still not fair, what if you had a wee punt on places today ?

:tongue:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
raindog said:

Well, no-one knows yet - regrouping the peloton is one thing (and something I fully support), preventing a sprint (i.e. refusing to race, after the peloton is regrouped) is another - that looks more like a point being made.

Crankarm

Guru
HonestMan1910 said:
Well done Chavanel today.

Who made Cancellara God ?

I hope the race organisers do not award any points to anyone other than the stage winner.

There are people who bet on this sport and it is a little bit of cheating to do what was done on the run in.

You might well be right as Chavanel is errr .............. French :tongue:.

Top Bottom