Stage 2: SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
Flying_Monkey said:
Well, no-one knows yet - regrouping the peloton is one thing (and something I fully support), preventing a sprint (i.e. refusing to race, after the peloton is regrouped) is another - that looks more like a point being made.
Agree
They're explaining it now. Apparently the road was so greasy there were mechanics slipping and falling, not to mention bikes crashing. And they didn't want to contest the sprint because the main contenders were all behind? Which seems a bit bizarre. Oh well, roll on tomorrow.

Chavanel got a good collection of jerseys today. :tongue:

Genman

raindog said:
Agree
They're explaining it now. Apparently the road was so greasy there were mechanics slipping and falling, not to mention bikes crashing. And they didn't want to contest the sprint because the main contenders were all behind? Which seems a bit bizarre. Oh well, roll on tomorrow.

Chavanel got a good collection of jerseys today. :tongue:
Have they neutralized the points as well?

raindog

er.....
Genman said:
Have they neutralized the points as well?
They've left Chavanel's points but no points atributed from 2nd to 20th

"Nous avons laissé les points du vainqueur à Sylvain Chavanel mais aucun point n'a été attribué de la 2e à la 20e place,"

montage

God Almighty
They should have sprinted. It's a friggin bike race, and a sprint would have had no impact on times anyway.

Cancellara seemed to be the driving force behind the protest - I've full respect for the guy, but maybe he was pissed off he lost yellow?

Noodley

The Tour has had many protests over the years, it's all part of the Tour...few people will remember it - go on, what was the last Tour protest? It'll have caused a fuss at the time.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Crackle said:
The one I remember was when they all sat down in the road.
Was that the 98 protest? The one where poor oppressed souls like Pantani wanted to complain about those nasty doping investigations and Riis was negotiating on behalf of the riders? Happy days...
:tongue:

raindog

er.....
Yes, I remember the farmer's one - they'd been chucking tacks all over the road. What year was it? Not that long ago.

Didn't a workers strike try to stop the peloton once and Hinault got off his bike and nutted one of 'em? :tongue:

Noodley

Nobody remember stage 10 from last year then? :ohmy:

When they protested about removal of race radios....caused a kerfuffle at the time :bicycle:

Top Bottom