Stage 4: SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
He has to get something soon or he has no chance for the Green.

He had no chance from the beginning, thought Farrar had a better shout until he bust his wrist but couldn't really see beyond Thor Hushpuppy, still can't. The sprints seem fairly unpredictable this year, anyone fancy McEwen, he rode well yesterday.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Crackle said:
He had no chance from the beginning

Why do you think that? He's had a poor season but given the kind of course we have this year, anything could have happened (as we have seen with Farrar). And anything still could...

Flying_Monkey said:
Why do you think that? He's had a poor season but given the kind of course we have this year, anything could have happened (as we have seen with Farrar). And anything still could...

It was after after watching a couple of interviews with him this year, he just seemed slightly downbeat. I also don't think he's as smart a tactician as Hushovd or as adaptable, more of a raw sprinter like Abdoujaparov, though I know Abdoujaparov did win it once but I don't think this years course suits his style, whereas you can see Farrar is still developing, still thinking and learning, more guile.

NickM said:
Sprinters have a limited shelf life (as sprinters, anyway) and he has long since reached the end of his.

Petacchi?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Crackle said:
It was after after watching a couple of interviews with him this year, he just seemed slightly downbeat. I also don't think he's as smart a tactician as Hushovd or as adaptable, more of a raw sprinter like Abdoujaparov, though I know Abdoujaparov did win it once but I don't think this years course suits his style, whereas you can see Farrar is still developing, still thinking and learning, more guile.

That makes sense, but at this rate, all he has to do is hang in there and everyone else will injure themselves... however, of late he's been more likely to get involved in crashes!

On Petaccchi - he doesn't have the raw speed anymore, but he's clever and tends to win when those in front make mistakes.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Not winning green seems I suppose reasonable enough an idea, but people don't think things are so bad that say he won't win a stage or two? Do they?

Top Bottom