Stage 8 - spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Monty Dog

It's intruiging to see that no team is able to assert it's control of the peloton - what's happened to some team's abilities to control the pace? Perhaps their 'preparation' hasn't gone as planned - but one things for sure it's 10x more interesting and a lot, lot less predictable. Nice to see that the climbers can still climb, but some of the big-guys who've freakishly been there in the past are no longer there. Roll-on another couple of weeks racing like this and I might be convinced that LeTour is a race worth watching rather than a 3-week procession.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
I had no enthusiasm for this year's Tour after the debacles of recent times. I only went down to London for Le Grand Depart as I thought the spectacle of it being in London would be worth a look.

And then the huge gaps between the leading contenders' times in the Prologue nearly had me switch off for ever with doubts and suspicions, but I must admit, I am beginning to warm to it again.

Tetedelacourse

I too thought the build-up was farcical and difficult to be genuinely excited about - given that there was no guarantee that any one rider would definitely take the start line in the current climate.

But now the racing's underway and especially since we've hit the mountains I find it just as addictive and exciting as it ever was. Course, I can't help but think that we'd have seen a completely different race if Basso, Ulrich etc had been there, but then good riddance and let the others get on with it.

Really intrigued to see if Rasmussen can hold onto the jersey. I think he'd need to extend his lead in the mountains if he wants to wear it in Paris, and we've not seen him have to knowingly do that yet. I hope he manages it, seems really humble and pleasant from what I can see, exact opposite of Lance! I still think Valverde is his biggest threat though and I'm not sure how it will all sit with Menchov.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I think it depends on how many ditches/roundabouts he crashes/flys into.

I'm reckoning 3 accidental collisions, a minute lost for each...

So he could still be in yellow after the TT :eek:

Top Bottom