Stage 9 **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How much of a gap would AS need over the top of the final climb to hold a lead to the finish? I think the top three will be unchanged after todays stage.
It's a long downhill finish isn't it? Evans said on Sunday that he thought there would be a selection on the Col de la Madeleine (will Wiggy hang on?) so will we see some of the more sketchy GC contenders (Leipheimer, Hejsedahl) fall away?

Can't see the Big Three gapping each other though.

biking_fox

Guru
Lots of attacks already and after the early start too it's going to be hard day - again.

raindog

er.....
I think Leon Luis Sanchez will be more in evidence today. He (I am told) has good descending skills for the downhill finish.
He's in the break. Hope he goes all the way and gets the win this time. IMO AndyS should've let him win on sunday after that pull he got up the last bit of the climb. Not very classy that.

MichaelM

Guru
It's a long downhill finish isn't it? Evans said on Sunday that he thought there would be a selection on the Col de la Madeleine (will Wiggy hang on?) so will we see some of the more sketchy GC contenders (Leipheimer, Hejsedahl) fall away?

Can't see the Big Three gapping each other though.

I think I heard something about AS not being too hot on the descents, so upon further reflection, I'm going to go for Evans and Contador to regain what they lost to AS on Sun.

Roll on 2:30 !

MichaelM

Guru
He's in the break. Hope he goes all the way and gets the win this time. IMO AndyS should've let him win on sunday after that pull he got up the last bit of the climb. Not very classy that.

LLS was 5'03" behind.

OOPS, that's overall, he was 3'27" behind on Sun. (but I get your point). Then again, it was his chance for a first ever tour stage win.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Thor Hushovd is doing the right thing for Green again - if Cav ever wants to win this, he is going to have to learn how to get the intermediate sprints as well as the big stage wins. Mind you, I know he has said that he's not now going for the Green this year, and going for stage wins, but he has also said that Green is his goal eventually.

lukesdad

Got to watch it on ITV 4 today instead of eurosport. All highlights at the moment :angry: Any body when the live feed starts ?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Which Sanchez is in the break away group?

Just been confused because I thought Luis Leon Sanchez was in the front part of the main peloton. But David Harmon was just talking about him being in the break away. There is another Sanchez, first name Samuel.

Edit It's Luis Leon in the breakaway. Just saw the list on Eurosport.

MichaelM

Guru
Which Sanchez is in the break away group?

Just been confused because I thought Luis Leon Sanchez was in the front part of the main peloton. But David Harmon was just talking about him being in the break away. There is another Sanchez, first name Samuel.

Samuel - Euskaltel

LL - black and red ! (I won't embarrass myself trying to spell it).

Top Bottom